Wednesday 26 August 2020

Hot, Hot, Hot

Hello Nomad friends.  It's been quite a nice day today.  No wind, no rain, some sun and I picked my first ripe tomato!!  This year hasn't been a very good year for the tomatoes here.  Everyone I have spoken too here has had no success with the toms.  Very curious as our friend Alice was wont to say.  Anyway, let's celebrate blue skies and fresh mountain air with a hot air balloon ride........

I used a summer blue sky base card and cut Poppystamps Stitch Grand Mountains from scraps of green and silver card.  I am sure there is still snow on big mountains in summer, but I was going for rock rather than snow.   I used Poppystamps Hot Air Balloons die cut from scraps of red, yellow and brown card.  I used a pencil to highlight the embossed lines on the balloons, add some texture to the baskets and join the baskets to the balloons.  The sentiment is cut from a designer paper sheet and says congratulations for the day.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 71 - Heat Wave
Unstampabelles Challenge 103 - Good News
Stempelgarten Challenge 95 - Sommer
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes




4 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing with again at Unstampabelles.
Funny reading about your tomatoes - I haven't planted any yet waiting another month for the weather to be warmer at night here in Australia.

Jeanne J. said...

I love a card with a scene! This one is so fun.. the cute balloons floating above the mountains! Wonderful!

Susan Hogan said...

Looks like a lovely day. My toms won't go in until late October! Too many frosty Spring nights yet to risk it. Thanks for sharing with Unstampabelles

Claudia said...

Oh yes, this is perfect for summer and your card is so great, a wonderful scene you created.

Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT Stempelgarten challenge