Sunday 2 August 2020

Fish Out Of Water

Hello Nomad friends.  I reverted to legacy blogger last night after having a frustrating time with the new dude on the block.  The save button is under the preview button, but why it doesn't mention if you are leaving your post that it hasn't actually saved changes I don't understand.  The fact that supposedly I had published the post I had just written, but when I viewed the blog it was just the title and labels.  Oh yeah labels......  don't get me started......   So after my post disappeared twice!! I decided to revisit tried and trusted blogger, and how nice it is to be back in this comfortable and cosy space.  I expect I will have a rude awakening and get turfed out again soon, but we can hope that maybe one of the geniuses in charge actually uses blogger.   Please feel free to share your experiences, any fixes or trick gratefully received.  

Enough of that, today is the day for the July Card Chain Challenge Reveal.   We continue to send happy mail around the world.  Postal services seem to be getting a little better and some previously closed destinations are opening up.  Here's the card I sent to GerJanne in the Netherlands.  


I went with the sketch, Under the Sea and Friendship options.  The beautiful circle stamp is Honey Bee Stamps Zen Ocean.  The little wave stamp is from the same set, stamped twice with masking and black archival ink.  The dude is a Unity stamp.  When I added him he obscured the lower fish's face, so I stamped it again, fussy cut and added it in front of his legs for a fun detail.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Double D Challenge - Let's Go To The Beach
Country View Challenges - I Do Like To Be Beside The Sea
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes  5/5
Honey Bee Stamps Buzzworthy Challenge - Beach
Word Art Wednesday Week 450/451 
 


8 comments:

Suzanne H said...

That's a terrific stamp set and perfect for the card chain challenge theme. It does look like the little fish is going to swim right in front of your dude!

Darlene said...

Very artsy Gail! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Let’s Go To The Beach’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun colorful dude amongst the outline fishes, Gail - love the little waves too!! Thanks for another wonderful CCC!!

papierelle said...

Your card is a work of art ... great !!

Barbara said...

Love this artsy card. Thanks for sharing it with us ay Double D Challenge. See you again, I hope.
Barbara DT

Dotty Jo said...

What a clever take on the sketch and, well, everything! Jo x

HilaryJane said...

I really love this card Gail and stamping that fish again so he is in front of the legs was a master stroke. I agree that blogger can be confusing and frustrating and there are different frustrations in the different versions. I find that the pictures keep jumping around and won't stay where I want them! xx

Jane said...

Hi Gail, I reverted to the legacy blogger immediately, if it isn't broke why fix it!! Such a fun card for our "I do like to be beside the seaside" challenge over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining us xx