Monday 3 August 2020

10 is an Amazing Number

Hello Nomad friends.  10.  Passing from childhood into adolescence.  Only a few years left until teenager.  Which is almost adult they like to think.  10.  A decade since they came into the world.  Doesn't time fly.  In the blink of an eye your baby is over half way to leaving the nest, getting married, driving a car!!  10.  A round number.  Let's celebrate.....


I started by making a card base from some balloon patterned paper.  My crafty friend Mia sent me this lovely Stampendous Gruffies Balloon Bear stamp.   Isn't it gorgeous.  Thanks Mia. I added a scrap of ripped patterned paper to the bottom of the card and stamped the Balloon Bear stamp with brown archival.  Then I stamped again on white card, coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut the bear and balloon.  I stuck them on the card, added some Thickers numbers and a pre-printed sentiment strip from Kort of Godt.  It says Happy Birthday.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge 321
Scrap The Rainbow - Runde Tall

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

How amazing to be 10, it is such a long time ago since my children were 10, it is hard to remember but you are right it is a special age and what a special card you have made, love it xx

April said...

What a cute card! I love the background. I know your 10 yer old will love it! Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Mia said...

What a beautiful card you made using this cute HM stamp, Gail.
I am sure your 10 year old recipient will LOVE it.
And I am very glad to see that you like my little gift to you. Enjoy!!!
Hugs, my dear friend.

Mia said...

And forgot to say:
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs, my dear friend,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling bear image and so nice of Mia to send it!! Just love how you colored him, Gail, and I love the balloon background card!!

Bunny said...

I always tell the kids once they hit 10 it's a double digit number and it's a long way to a triple digit birthday which is a rarity to make. It is gorgeous and how generous of Mia. A very nice card. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Sue said...

This little Gruffie looks like he is all ready for the party. Sweet card, and yes 10 seems to be a special birthday. My kids always celebrated 5 as their whole hand birthday (4 fingers) and their 10th as their 2 hands birthday! Thanks for sharing your super cute card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs, Sue

Trude Julie said...

What a wonderfully colourful card! Thank you for joining the Scrap the Rainbow challenge this month