Sunday 22 December 2019

Ski Party

Hello Nomad friends.  When I saw the Maja Design Moodboard and their Holiday in the Alps papers I decided to make a card for a friend of mine.  She is a brunette, likes to ski, and I am sure, if everyone didn't wear neon blue and pink puffy ski gear, then she would look quite like this slaloming down the slopes.


All the papers used in this project are Maja Designs Holiday in the Alps collection.


I started by folding a 15 x 15cm card base from the Snowflakes sheet, dark pattern out.  I cut the large skier from the Slalom sheet and distressed the edges with my craft knife.  Then I inked the distressed edges with various blue inks.  The 'winter' border is also from the Slalom sheet.  I like that they print useful borders on the backside of the name strip so you can use all of the sheet.


I cut along the side of her skis and slipped in the winter border, which I had inked the edges of, in under the skis.  I cut Stamplorations Linked Hearts die from the Let It Snow and Monochrome Frost sheet and paper pieced the snowflake hearts back in the plain blue border.  I cut the Sizzix Snowflakes and Fun letters (from a Stamplorations phrase die) also from the Frost sheet.  I used Wink of Stella clear to add subtle glitter effect to the snowflakes and also to the snow around her skis.  I used white ink around the edge of the base card and added a couple of pale blue half pearls to the Winter border.  I also added some tiny white stickers to the snowflakes.

This was really fun to make.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Maja Design November/December Mood Board Challenge
Allsorts Challenge Week 512 - Anything Goes
Scrappelyst Grublis for Desember - Snø
Mod Squad Challenge - Christmas/Winter
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - December 2019

6 comments:

brenda said...

A real fun Christmas card Gail, she looks to be having a great time, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge. Wishing you and your a Peaceful and Happy Christmas and my thanks for your support of your challenge this year.

B x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at Patterned Paper Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Patterned Paper Challenge

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http:// http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com//

Linby said...

How fabulous and perfect for your friend too.
Thanks for joining in with my Anything goes challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Herlig kort med flott motiv. Tusen tak for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst :-)

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your card over at Allsorts Anything goes Challenge. Happy New Year;-))m

Mummylade said...

Such a bright and lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!