Wednesday 11 December 2019

Blue Knight Magical Unicorn

Hello Nomad friends.  Today I'm doing my second post as the December guest designer for Blue Knight Stamps.  The team is taking a break in the second half of December, so what would have been four posts have been compressed into two.  Since I am sharing two cards at a time I wanted to try and tie them together by using one or more common elements.  Today I used the lovely Magical Unicorn on both cards, along with Window in the Wall and the beautiful Lake Pier silhouette stamp.  You get two different size Unicorns in the Magical Unicorn set.  I have used the large one for both of these cards.


I was really pleased how this turned out.  I started by stamping Lake Pier with black archival onto my white card base. I coloured the grass and dock with green and brown Promarkers.  I gave the lake and sky a watercolour wash of Stormy Sky, diluting it a lot for the sky.  I didn't think the lake had enough colour so I loosely scribbled with a pale blue Promarker.  Much better!!  I stamped the Unicorn on white card, coloured with the same Stormy Sky wash and gel pen highlights.  The dock is a bit of an unusual setting for a unicorn, cos like you usually see them in the forest LOL, but he seems to fit quite nicely into the scene. 



For the second card I wanted to use the fabulous Window in the Wall stamp and see if I could get my unicorn to be looking through the window.  I stamped the Window in the Wall on white card and watercoloured with distress inks.  Then I stamped the Unicorn, coloured him with various shades of pink and purple and fussy cut.  Leave more of his neck than you think you might need.  I cut around the inside edge of the window so I could slip my unicorn behind the windowsill.  This gives you extra wiggle room rather than just sticking him in the window.  You have more freedom to make sure you have him at the right angle/place.  Hence leaving a bit extra 'neck' when you cut him out!  

I hope you have enjoyed my cards today.  Blue Knight Stamps still have limited stock of some Overstock Specials, including this unicorn, so if you like it pop over and snap it up at a bargain price.  If you missed the other cards you can find last week's post HERE.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz


3 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers challenge. Elaine

Nat said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at PFP
Natx

Aunty Sue said...

a beautiful card thanks for sharing at passion for promarkers in our Mega challenge good luck and merry Christmas and happy new Year