Saturday 30 March 2019

Spring Harmony

Hello.  Welcome.  It's a grey and wet day here in Norway, and I was just about to retreat to my crafty space when a challenge popped up in my fb feed.  I'm a member of a Norwegian group called ArJo's Tag and ATC Kos and Jorunn has done a step by step tag and wants to see our take.  There is also a monthly challenge, so I decided to see if I could cover them both.   Here's my tag.


The first thing that grabbed me about this step by step challenge was Jorunn wanted us to use scraps!!  I'm in!!!  I have just cleared most of the pile off my desk and am left with a load of really small bits of this that and the other.  I searched through the pile, bearing in mind that part of the other challenge is at least three pastel colours


The 'L-shape' frame element in the left and bottom was black and white.  I smooched some Worn Lipstick distress on it.  Got a bit of MME and some Crafty Individuals in there too.  I knocked it all back with some white acrylic paint and then stamped the small text from Lost Coast Designs Harmony stamp all around, all around, using Potting Soil Archival.   


I used Stamplorations Some Birds stencil and texture paste and added some colour with buff paint.  The coffee pot and cup are wooden pieces that were sent by a crafty friend.  I die cut Cheery Lynn flourish and tiny flowers and added them in the bottom LH corner.  I stamped the Harmony word and definition on a scrap of paper coloured with distress ink.

A bit of fancy wool and done.
Birds flying north again, small flowers in bloom,
first coffee of the year enjoyed in the garden, the small harmonies of spring.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations Tagplorations March Challenge
Stamplorations March Theme Challenge
Stamplorations March Mixed Media Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Play With Paint
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb Utfordring 169 - Vår

https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2019/03/happy-spring.html

6 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

This may well be one of your finest art projects ever! The foreground and background are in perfect harmony, yet allow your unique wooden elements to tell their story!!! This is truly art!

Macarena said...

Nice and pretty vintage look. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Monika Skinner said...

I really do Love your tag, Gail! It's great using up scraps and turning them into something this beautiful! hanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations' TAGplorations Challenge. Good Luck!

Jerrie said...

This is a fantastic tag Gail! I love the vintage colors, the newsscript and overall design. You have rocked it!! Thanks for adding your tag to STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge

MariLynn said...

So pretty. I Love how your tag turned out. The texture paste on the birds look great. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

This is really a great touch of art with story in within; and I am also in love with the earth tone colors Gail. Love seeing your so beautiful tag at STAMPlorations Mixed Media & TAGplorations March challenge and best of luck girlfriend :)
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations {Mixed Media & TAGplorations Design Team}
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}
My Instagram