Saturday 2 March 2019

February Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hello crafty peeps.  How's your day hanging??  We started cold and dry and it's turned to cold and wet.  English weather!!!   So I'm thinking I might retire to the craft room and beat a few UFO's into shape.  My desk seems to be drowning in them at the moment.  I'm blaming it all on Mr Mojo cos I was trying to make a card for Hilary for the Card Chain Challenge and nothing pleased him.  It was gonna be birds, and the sketch, but the ostrich didn't fit the frame so we chucked it on the use it later pile.  How about this flamingo?  He'd look delicious in Strawberry and Raspberry.  Where did that blue unicorn come from!!!??  What's that got to do with anything?......  And so it progressed.  But finally we declared ourselves content with this, and Hilary says she likes it too, so that's a win.


It's a bit of a cheat cos that gorgeous background is some patterned paper from The Works.  I thought it was cool, which was why I bought it, and it helps with my current attempts to use the stash.  I stamped the Crafty Individuals sentiment straight on the card base with black archival ink.  The doll is Prima.  These haven't been out of the box for ages!!  I stamped her, coloured with Promarkers and distress inks and fussy cut.  Then I decided a black shadow would make her pop, and since I always fussy cut on the lines I had to back her with black paper and cut again!!  Ah well, worth the effort.  I wanted to jazz up her dress a bit and after think about stamping and masking I remembered all these goldline stickers I have from Craft Creations.  Use the stash!!!  I added a row of gold flowers to her hem and belt and then added some tiny tiny holographic red dots to the centers.  I also used a red holographic flower for the top of her jacket.

Do hop over and check out all the amazing cards that were sent whizzing around the world in February.  The reveal post is HERE.

If you would like to make, send and receive happy mail the March Sign Up is HERE.  
It closes 6th March, then the April sign up opens 7th March.  
Logistics!!  Love em!!!

Thanks for dropping by.   Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Words 2 Craft By 62 - Best Friends
Cards Und More Challenge 33 - Anything Goes for Someone Special


7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card - that background paper and all the little details, Jo x

Mia said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for entering our challenge at W2CB 62: Best Friends, and good luck in the draw.
Regards,
Mia, Guest Designer for W2CB
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Angelnorth said...

I’m not surprised Hilary likes it! The background paper works really well with the sassy doll and the little finishing details are perfect, fabulous card Gail!

Lisa said...

beautiful card Gail, I just love the golden flowers, that's such a wonderful detail! thank you for joining us on the Cards und More blog. Lisa xx

Sybrina K said...

Iona, How lucky for us that you linked up another card to our W2CB Best Friends gallery! And, this is so pretty! I adore that background paper, and I am absolutely going to steal your idea to use black paper as a background for fussy cut items. Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing a second project with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Darnell said...

Oh, dear, I'm really sorry to hear that using cool pp is a bit of a cheat, especially seeing as how I just bought another bunch of the most gorgeous papers that I needed like another stomach. Well, you and I will just go ahead and use it anyway. You certainly created an awesome card here!! Thank you for joining W2CB!! Hugs, Darnell

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
thank you for joining us Cards und more!