Tuesday 26 March 2019

Mrs A Made Me Do It

Hello.  Welcome.  I had already decided on the colours and products I was going to use for this card and the butterfly made me think of Mrs A's Butterfly challenge.  Now, I admit, my participation is sketchy at best, and I hadn't dropped by in a while, so I hopped over to check the criteria.  And Lo! Mrs A has changed the format to include a card shape!!  I have already missed A is for Aperture and B is for Bi-fold.  We are now looking at C is for Center Step.  I was so impressed by Mrs A's third card I just had to give it a go.........


Mine isn't anywhere are elegant as Mrs A's.  And I am so glad that Mrs A spent time and effort working out variations on designs and has generously shared them.  It still took me a while to put this together, but it's a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon.  

I used card from a paper pad I bought at the Works for my base card and the panels.  It's double sided yellow polka dots/green with orange flowers.  I also used some purple and yellow scraps to cut the little fancy frames using a Marianne Design die and to stamp the butterflies, also by Marianne Designs.  I stamped them on a yellow snippet, coloured with gel pens and fussy cut.  The girl was also stamped on a scrap of white card, coloured with distress inks and fussy cut.  She's a Marianne Designs Stampfairy and comes with a snowman, but he got the chop!!  I wanted this to be a springy creation so no snowmen allowed.......  The sentiment is from Rubber Dance Bling Bling stamp set.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Butterfly Challenge #119 - C for Center Step
Marianne Design Challenge 221 CR122, SF1102, COL1309
Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge 348
Cards und More Challenge #34 - Colourboard
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Cute




9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

What a super inverted centre step card you have made . Your quite right, your eagle eye has spotted my typo mistake which should of course be centre step and butterfly. ( I knew what I meant.!! ) Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel and trying out the card shape. Hugs Mrs A.

Wybrich said...

Very nice card!
Thanks for joining
Wybrich
DT MDchallenge blog

Gerlinde said...

Prachtig mooie kaart!!
Leuk dat je meedoet met de challenge!
Groetjes Gerlinde
DT MDchallenge blog

Anita said...

A fun card with gorgeous colors. Well done Gail.
Thanks for joining our challenge.

Kind Regards
Anita
MDblog

Judith said...

Heel erg mooi geworden.
Leuk dat je mee doen met onze “alles mag” challenge.
Groetjes van Judith
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt!
Groetjes Suzan
DT MD Challenge blog

Fikreta said...

great card!

Henriët said...

Mooi gedaan!
Bedankt voor het meedoen.
Groetjes van Henriët
DT MD Challenge blog

Di said...

What a lovely fun card Gail! Love the bright colours and shape - although I cheat and use a proper die! Can't be trusted with sharp craft knives. :)

Hugs

Di xx