Thursday 14 March 2019

The Brights of Spring

Hello.  Welcome.  Is your garden bursting with yellow, green, purple and orange??  The colours of spring!  And also Halloween!! but we can come back to that a little later....  Yesterday I used a die cut as a mask and today I decided to dress up the die cut with distress inks and ended up with this very bright card.


Sunglasses required!!


I started with the Winnie and Walter Peppermint Zone Cutaway die cut and blended Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon distress inks onto it.  I used a piece of scrap paper to protect my desk and I am thinking that may become a project in itself!!


I couldn't find a purple card base in a shade I liked so I used a pale pink one and smeared Wilted Violet distress ink on it until it was ascetically pleasing.  


The girl is a Pink and Main stamp coloured in shades o' green.  I added five rhinestones to her dress, two on the bodice and one on each of the flowers.  The sentiment is from Winnie and Walter's Big Hugs stamp set, stamped on very light weight vellum.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Scrappiness Utfordring 03 - Fargepalett
Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Customize Die Cuts
Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Five Challenge  used 5 rhinestones
Time Out Challenges 131 and 5th Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Feminine/Girly


 

9 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

totally cool!

sandie said...

sunglasses are required but in a good way-this is an amazing card-so very creative and I love you used purple and orange/yellow together-my fav for cards. As always fab to see you at Time Out

Fikreta said...

so wonderful card!

Maura said...

Oh, definitely bright and happy with a 60's vibe! Thanks for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. hugs, Maura

Nonni said...

Wow, this is so colorful! Love your choice of die and the techniques you used to add color. So many beautiful details to look at! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Shona Chambers said...

This is so fabulous, vibrant and eye-catching!!! I love that background die and it looks incredible in the orange colours. And the sweet little Irish girl looks so adorable in her green ensemble. Its a fantastic card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

Kristin said...

Wow such vibrant colours. Thank you for partisipating In our competision. DT Kristin

Gracielalife Design - by Graciela said...

Love it!! thanks for joining us at Scrappiness.
DT Graciela

Maya said...

Such a wonderful card!
Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappiness :)
Hugs from DT-Maya