Saturday 16 March 2019

Using Up the Leftovers

Hello.  Welcome.  So I was dressing up a die cut the other day with distress inks and used a scrap of paper to protect my desk.  At the end of the process the scrap was way too pretty to throw away so I made this card.


The background is my scrap, inked with Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon distress inks through Winnie and Walters Peppermint Zone Cutaway die cut.  I mounted it on a gold base card and used Stamplorations Snowy Stitched Hills dies to cut the same card and layered them at the bottom.  I stamped the elephant and monkey from W&W Big Hugs on grey card and added a little colour.  I cut a circle of yellow card using the pierced circle die from W&W Carly die set and edged it with Ripe Persimmon ink.  The 'for you' dies are also from the Carly set, and I decided to dress them up with orange flock stuff, which is why they look a bit furry.  Probably best not to say anything else about that........

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts
Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Customize Die Cuts I flocked the For You die cut letters
Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Masking with Dies
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Whatever the Weather it's sunny!!
Papercraft Challenge 16 - AG optional Animal

6 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I love that fabulous background Gail, and I when I read that is was scrap from another project, my chin hit the ground!I really like your warm colour palette and those critter are so cute.

Kay Wallace said...

Sweet card, Gail! Differenf manufacturers' dies don't always work well together, but those you have used here seem to pair well together. Great color choice for your base card, too. And all this inspired from a scrap! Well done, my friend!

Lin said...

Love your 2 little hugging friends, Gail! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Such a fun and whimsy card! Love the bright colors! Thank you for joining us! Jeanie -Scrapbookingmamaw @ Proud PB DT Member
Be sure to join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges next time!

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

MadeByMeghanK said...

What a gorgeous background! DARLING! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Business Challenge! Please join the fun again! - DT PB Meghan