Monday 1 January 2024

Happy New Year 2024

Hello Nomad friends.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Gosh, 2024, how did that happen!  We celebrated the arrival of the new year with a few friends last night and I couldn't help but think it didn't seem so long since last year.  I hope you had a lovely evening, however and with whomever you chose to spend it.  

Well, it's the first of the month, nay even the first of the year, and we are kicking off the fun over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity with an Anything Goes challenge.  There are a few changes to the challenge as well.  We are going monthly, so you will have more time to think, create and join the fun.  We have also updated our rules so do be sure to read them to make sure your entry qualifies for the prize.  I've made a Happy New Year card featuring the awesome Alfred Hitchcock stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  


Isn't he grand!!
I definitely need to use him more often!!!

I stamped the Carmen's Veranda Staircase and masked it.  Then I stamped Lost Coast Designs Grunge Border 2", Dream Dictionary Word and Happy New Year with various archival inks to make the background.  I stamped Alfred, added a little promarker colour, fussy cut and added him to the staircase.  I left the white border at the top because it's not something I would usually do and I thought it looked kinda cool.


The Anything Goes challenge is running all month over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and I hope you feel like grabbing some stamps and join the fun.  The team is posting awesome inspiration throughout the month, so do hop over and check out their projects.

 Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stamping Sensations December Challenge - Favourite Colours Blue.  I am partial to a bit of blue.  The pinky blue is a happy accident.  I never am very good at cleaning my stamps.  Alfred says it's artistic licence.  Hugz
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Party
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A New Start


6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps and love the happy accident with the colour.THank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Mrs.B said...

What a fabulous image and the background works perfectly.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab composition with all your masking and fussy cutting, Gail - Happy New Year!!

brenda said...

What a super image Gail, seems very fitting at New Year as I remember a Hitchcock drama set at New Year (no idea of the name). Many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent card! he is grand, and so is your card, Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gail! I love Alfred descending the staircase and the background is fabulous!

Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
Happy New Year! :-)
Luv
Lols x x x