Sunday 17 September 2023

Power of Six

Hello Nomad friends.  I have been trying to sort out my scraps.  Tiny die cuts make me reluctant to throw away tiny scraps, but there's a limit, isn't there??  Anyway, I stumbled across this piece of white glitter card that I had cut a memory box snowflake out of it previously.  There was just enough around the edge to almost cut a hexagon.  Jingle Belles have a lovely sketch, and this fitted perfectly.  

I used a pearlescent grey card base and cut a little bit of a wonky border from red holographic card.  I backed the glitter card with a hexagon of the same red holographic card and cut a tiny star from another scrap of the glitter card for the center of the snowflake.  I used a different snowflake, a scrap of grey card and another scrap of the red holo. with a couple of circle dies to make the little round.  It is perfectly positioned to cover the fact that my hexagonal snowflake panel isn't perfect.  A couple more scraps to make the sentiment panel and done!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Jingle Belles Challenge - Merry Sketch-mas
Snippets Playground Challenge 463
Christmas Craft Creations Challenge - Metallics
MFT Stamps Christmas Card Challenge September 2023

5 comments:

Sarn said...

Super use of your snippets to make this fun festive card. I like how you used the negative of your large snowflake.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. x

Di said...

I agree with Sarn - perfect! Mind you, please do not send any snippets you may wish to dispose of IRL to the Playground! We're all swamped and feel you pain!

Hugs
Di xxx

lauren bergold said...

Wow the negative space of that pretty snowflake was an AWESOME save and you've used it soooooo brilliantly in Stephanie's sketchy. So happy you could join our Jingle Belles fun this fortnight!

SmilynStef said...

Look at you rockin' the scraps ... I love that your lovely snowflake finally got to be the star of the show ... so very glad you got SKETCH-y with us at Jingle Belles.

Leanne said...

This is so pretty, the snowflakes sure are a big pretty one, and love the color too! Thanks for playing our Metallics Challenge at Christmas Craft Creations.

Leanne DT Member/CCC