Tuesday 16 November 2021

Lion's Short Cousin

Hello Nomad friends.  I love a good challenge.  There's a lot of em out there, but now and again I see one and Mr Mojo perks up and says that sounds interesting.  A challenge that makes me look at my supplies in a different way or nudges me to try a new technique, or just gives me a good kick out of my comfort zone.  Over on fb Carabelle Studios is having a party and they extended the deadline to give us a bit more time.  I'm probably not going to do all 9 of the challenges but I have done one, and here's two more......  

This one I love, and he would have been perfect for the Lost Coast Designs Art Doll challenge that just finished.  This really made me look differently at my stamps.  The brief was to use one stamp as the focus, pieces from at least two other stamps, an excentric eye, collage and a quote.  A lot of people would have run away from that recipe but it seems Carabelle Studio fans are made of sterner stuff and there are some awesome entries.  I used Lion as my main stamp and pieces from La Femme aux oiseaux and Kiss.  Lion got shortened and bow 'wings', eyes from one of the ladies and a oiseaux in his hair.  Below you can see the bits I used.  The background is some scraps stamped with Distress Oxide ink and book papers.   Hopefully my oversized glasses are excentric enough........

 

The second card, cards, were also made using scraps.  The brief was to make stamped strips and arrange them geometrically on two 15 x 15cm white cards.  Here's my cards.  I'm calling them H and L.

I prefer L to H.  I am not sure that H was a good idea.  I really like L.  Love those circles on the verticals.

Here are the stamped strips I made. Love the last one lots.  Lion's trousers and mane!!  What a cool pattern.  And there's Lion himself.  He is such a handsome chap.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 416






4 comments:

stampingbowd said...

How fun! What a cool collage! I love how you pieced this lion and the background! A fabulous card!

Sarn said...

Hi Gail . . . that's a super quirky snippety card with a difficult brief from Carabelle. You did very well with it.

There's a mug of hot chocolate sprinkled with marshmallows awaiting you in the Playground Treehouse after all that snippeting!

Hugs, Sarn x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, coooooool! Jo x

Di said...

Wow - I would have run and hid. Great card!

Hugs

Di xx