Thursday 23 September 2021

Vikings, Dragons and Linedancers

Hello Nomad friends.  I decided to enter the other two My Favourite Things 2021 Card Design Superstar challenge.  I started by making some Brusho backgrounds.  I saw a video by Sandy where she used salt to get some fun effects.  I made quite a few backgrounds, including some with salt, and then picked a few I liked.  The first one crashed and burned during my interactive experiments.  Well, it's not burnt, it just has a slider channel cut in it but I couldn't for the life of me make my viking roll!!!!   So...


I liked this background lots and thought it was perfect for my Viking, coloured with distress markers.  I decided to give him a dog companion, from New Best Friend set, and then decided he also needed a dragon!!  Don't we all????  This super little cutie is from the Magical Dragon set.  I was going to use a sentiment from MFT Lovable Leopard set about friends and adventures, but decided to leave it off.  Gonna enter this bright masterpiece to the Coloring Virtuoso challenge.

Then we had the moment with the slider that didn't go a planned.  So I decided to put on my big girl panties and try out the Twist and Turn Interactive Die-namic.  I loved this die when it was released, and then I've never used it!!!   Now is a good time me thinks.......  First step, consult the fab video by Laura that is at the bottom of the die page.  Next, give it a go........

Since there are two rotation points available I decided to use this happy pair of line dancers from the Saddle Up and Celebrate set.  I also used another of the Brusho backgrounds.  Oh, tip from me......  stamp your sentiment before assembling the card!!   I stamped the cowfolk, coloured and fussy cut them.  Then I put it all together.  Here we go....  poor man video


Yee Haw!!!

 

If you click on the picture they will get bigger and you can click through them.

  

If you click through them fast enough you should get some idea of the fun effect this die gives.  Did I sit there pulling and pushing that little tab for a minute or two??  Yes ma'am, I sure did!!!! 

Entering my line dance pair to the Innovation Master Challenge

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

No comments: