Wednesday 23 June 2021

Wisteria Summer

 Hello Nomad friends.  Today I am sharing a little more inspiration for our current challenge at Let's Squash It!, use a nature themed embossing folder and watercolouring.  Some gorgeous makes in the gallery already, but still plenty time to join the fun.

 I used a beautiful 3D folder from Sheena Douglas called Wisteria Wall.   I love the way Sheena tends to combine soft and hard elements together in her designs.  I am not really a flower person, but when I saw the riveted sheet background behind the lovely wisteria I just had to buy it.

I am so pleased how this turned out.  I smeared distress inks on my craft mat, spritzed generously with water, then I used my water brush with added bling to watercolour the embossed design.  The sentiment is a pre-printed strip from a Kort og Godt patterned sheet.  It says Good Friends are Worth Their Weight In Gold.  Too true.  


Thanks for dropping by.  Hop over to Let's Squash It! for more details on how I made this card and for more amazing inspiration from Jo and our guest this month Marlena.  We hope you feel like getting squashy and splashy with us.  Linky closes last minute of the month so still plenty of time to sit in the shade and watercolour a masterpiece.  Hugz
 



9 comments:

brenda said...

Not surprised you are pleased with it Gail, it's so pretty and summery, many thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes with an option' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Darlene said...

This is awesome Gail! I love wisteria ... of course I do ... it's purple! LOL Awesome card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Signs of Summer’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Ellibelle said...

It turned out beautifully and really loving these colors!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

Barbara said...

I can see why you are pleased with the results that you got from this interesting embossing folder. I have not seen one that had the flowers and the more industrial background. It works! Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Was wondering how you got that metallic pattern with the flower and see now that it was the same ef - amazing!! Looks great, Gail, and I love how you colored it!

Trude Julie said...

What an absolutely wonderful card, and perfect in pastel colours. Thank you for participating in the Scrap the Rainbow challenge and for you Inspiration!

Diane said...

Very pretty card, I have tried forever to get Wisteria to grow here but hasn't happened yet! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

frommycraftroom said...

Another fab embossed card. Thanks again for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Susan Hogan said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our June Challenge!