Wednesday 3 July 2019

In The Doghouse

Hello.  Welcome.   Crafting to the sound of wind and rain against the window.  Summer in Norway!!!   I wanted to join the Marianne Design challenge where they want you to use one of their shape templates.  I have the kennel stencil so decided to make a doghouse card.  Such fun.  


My first time playing with this stencil and quite pleased with the result.  I paired it with some dog/cat stamps I had.


I cut my card base from Kort og Godt grey woodgrain card using the stencil guide lines.  I cut the front with the woodgrain vertical, so it became the back, and allowed me to add a little tab to the newly cut front to make a hinged card.  Then I used Marianne Design papers to cut the doghouse details.   I decided to make this for a friend of mine who has a cat, and also a dog that looks a bit like the one I used, so I also added a die cut Big Ben, cos she has English connections as well.  There is method in the madness.  Sometimes........  I cut and embossed the Big Ben from stripy paper and highlighted the embossed areas with Walnut Stain distress ink.


I stamped the dog and cat on patterned paper using archival ink and fussy cut them. I added some colour using Promarkers, and also some detail on the dog house and edges.  I decided to add some sticker butterflies cos it's summer, and it gives the cat something to play with.  Just noticed I forgot to add the football I stamped which comes in the Marianne Designs Best Mates cat/dog set.  Ahh well....

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Marianne Design Challenge 228 PS8030, CR1221, HT1607, PK9121, PB7044
Butterfly Spot Challenge 124 - H hinged card with butterflies.  Hey, Mrs A, that hinged card idea saved me wasting that mis-cut front side.  Thanks for the idea.  Hugz
Dare 2 B Artzy June Challenge - Shaped Cards




5 comments:

Judith said...

Heel erg mooi Engels hondenhok geworden.
Gezellig dat je mee doet met onze ByMarleen challenge.
Groetjes van Judith
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant hinged card. Glad you were able to save the miscut. Thank you for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! Your friend will love all the thought you put into this, Jo x

Janis said...

How fun is this doghouse card??!!! (This actually is the card I came over to see....before I got distracted by that fab anniversary card which is still making me chuckle!!)
Love this wonderful card, Gail. Fabulous use of the stencils and templates. How creative to make a hinged card with it opening on the side. Super-cute and super-fun. Great job!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Marleen said...

Nice card and very cute with the cat and dog.
Regards, Marleen