Monday 17 September 2018

Reinker Bunny

Hello.  Welcome.  Reinkers.  I have a few of these.  Some for matching ink pads, but also a number of random ones that I have bought in sales and recieved in grab bags.  Paperartsy's intro post to their reinker challenge got me thinking so I decided to investigate some of these oddments.  


Here's the card I made, keeping it single layer and featuring the cute little Paperbabes bunny.  


So, not a clue what I'm doing.... I grabbed two reinkers, put a couple of drops on an acrylic block and spritzed with water.  They didn't really react like I was expecting.  What was I expecting??  Read the labels and it said clean up need special stamp cleaner.  Ah well, maybe not water based then.  Just carry on as they say......  The salmon was translucent and didn't make much of an effect on my natural card base.  The clover was opaque and after smearing it around I declared it an OK grassy bank.


Try some cranberry.  Again dropped on an acrylic block and then I pressed another block on it and then transferred to the card.  That was working, but it dried really quickly on the block.  I added a few drops of water and that got it moving again and I completed my 'sky' to my satisfaction.   


I stamped Paperbabes Whimsical Woodland bunny with London Fog archival and stamped the details with black archival.  I used a white gel pen to add some more detail, but didn't think he stood out enough from the background, so when around him with the white as well.  The jury is still out on whether we like or dislike that white outline!!  I stamped some flowers from Crafty Individuals Build a Meadow stamp set and the sentiment from Carabelle Studio's The Lion stamp set with black archival.  Then I used a stencil I got from my friend LaVon many moons ago and gold texture paste to add some shiny stars.  Thanks LaVon.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy Topic 16 - Reinkers
Tuesday Throwdown 409 - One Layer
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 82 - Stars
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small

8 comments:

Maggi said...

Sweet! I love your cute little bunny and that great sentiment! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Frilly and Funkie.

Fikreta said...

Lovely card.
hugs

Sue said...

I love this Gail, brillian background, and a very sweet bunny! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

craftytrog said...

Great experiments Gail! I love your card with that cute bunny!
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great play with the re-inkers Gail and you know how much I adore that Paperbabe Bunny. Thank you for sharing with us over at Paperbabe Stamps.
Wishing you all the best in the Challenge Tracey DT

Art By Wanda said...

Cute card!!! I like the white around the bunny!!! Adirondack's are dye inks which makes them transparent. I'm sure Salmon is just too light a color to show up on the craft but would probably be pretty on white. Great experiments!!!!

Cec said...

Cute little card. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Mac Mable said...

You look like you had fun playing with the re-inkers and what a unique and gorgeous card and the white line around the bunny looks good to me x.