Tuesday 11 September 2018

More Fun Than Zombies

Hello.  Welcome.  The ATC challenge at Happy Little Stampers is Vintage.  Not a style I really understand.  I always think pale, worn blues and brown with a bit of lace to be on the safe side.  Or wine.  You are always safe with wine.  Or maybe not!!!   So I asked google and it said

' denoting something from the past of high quality, 
especially something representing the best of its kind'

Google also mentioned wine..........

Sometimes you just can't argue with an idea........


There you go!!  Blues, browns, old books, a lacy doily thingy and wine!!


I cut my ATC base from a piece of ice lolly box using a Sizzix die.  I used Stamplorations Retro Circle and Swirly Bloom stencils with Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire distress ink respectively.  Then I smeared all around with the opposing ink colour.  I decided I didn't like the gap in the middle so I randomly stenciled in patches.  Sometimes it's fun to be messy!!



I had this happy mail doily on my desk so I smeared it with the two distress inks, folded it in an ascetically pleasing manner and stuck it on the ATC. 



I stamped the hippo from Happy Little Stampers Birthday Friends on book paper using black archival ink and the sentiment from the same set on ripped vellum.  I added a little white gel pen to hippo's eye and teeth and some silver confetti champagne flasks and a glass.  It's not fun to drink alone so I gave him three bottles!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge - Vintage
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge - Messy
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes
Stamplorations Summer Mixed Media Challenge
Crop Stop Link Party 43 I used a doily
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use More Than One Stencil


 

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love that little book page hippo -- he's so adorable! I'm so happy you linked this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

Fikreta said...

Beautiful !
hugs

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

awweee....this is such a cute card! i love the hippo, he makes me so happy inside!!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, I also hope you are enjoyining this whole month of celebration for #STAMPtember !!
We all hope to see you playing again with us this week aswell!!!
xx Zoey

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

love the combination of the hippos and wine bottles - makes for a very fun card
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! I smiled at the fun hippo. Thanks for joining in at HLS ATC