Sunday 23 September 2018

Bllama

Hello.  Welcome.  About 10 years ago I nearly bought myself an alpaca.  Yes, a real alpaca.  But it never happened, which is probably a good thing.  I would have just paid for someone else to keep it and probably only visited once a year, so where's the fun in that??!  But, many years on, I still love alpacas and llamas and this card was a delight to make.  


I am really pleased with how this turned out.  I did some fancy die cutting to get my flowery frame, and I wasn't sure it would work, but it actually came out almost exactly how I saw it in my head!  Way to go Mr Mojo!!


I cut a square of pale blue card.  I used Hero Arts Paper Layering Swirl Flower die and partially cut it into the corners by using a small cutting plate.  This is a two part die.  The flower petals only partially cut and then there is an 'angel wing' die to cut the outline.


Then I used a craft knife to cut between the flower to leave a thin frame.  I lifted the petals and shaped them slightly and coloured with turquoise and dark blue chalk.    Then I forgot to take more step by step photo's..........


I found some flowery lace and coloured it with Tumbled Glass distress ink and added it along the top and bottom inside edge of the frame.  I stamped Hero Arts Word Pops stamp using Salty Ocean DOx on blue card for a bit of tone on tone texture and backed the flower frame.  I cut the flower centers again, layered them up and added some half pearls.  I stamped Hero Arts Llama with dark blue ink, fussy cut and coloured with Stormy Sky distess ink.  This stamp set comes with a die but it leaves a white border that I am not used to, and I like fussy cutting.  I added a small ribbon bow, also coloured with the Tumbled Glass ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the llama set and also 29 Again, which is a Rubber Dance stamp, with the dark blue ink and mounted the panel on a steel blue base.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
A Blog Named Hero Challenge - Monochromatic
Allsorts Challenge Week 486 - Water or Blue
The Twisted Challenge 4 - Celebrations + Monochrome
Dare 2 B Artzy Challenge - Your Favorite Color  I love blue!!
Papirlosjen #9 - Blonder og Band



9 comments:

Linby said...

What a fab card - love the sentiment. Maybe a stamped llama is best lol!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

That would have been a very expensive purchase Gail, we have two farms locally who breed them and it always amazes me when I am told how much they are worth.

So as Lynn above said, a stamped one is probably a beter option and it is a really lovely card you made with it. Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Karen Z. Bull said...

This is Karen Bull, a design team member for A Blog Named Hero. The flowers and llama are so unexpected - love this! Thank you for playing along this month!

Dotty Jo said...

Can I lie and say it's my birthday so that you send this to me???? What a beaut! Jo x

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Oh my, this card is fantastic! Love the layering! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy September Challenge! -Tasha ☺

Fikreta said...

Love it!
its awesome!

Tee said...

Oh I absolutely love this card, its gorgeous in technique and funny as well!! Thank you for sharing this card and joining us at The Twisted Challenges

Saumya said...

Lovely project. Thank you for joining our challenge at The Twisted Challenges and hope to see you join us next time too

Dr. Neha Sanwalka said...

lovely project. Thank you for joining us at The Twisted Challenges