Friday 24 February 2023

Sea Horse

Hello Nomad friends.  My blog has been a bit quiet this month. A week in the UK and the last week's weather being surprizingly better than forecast, so I carpe diem'd and had some garden time.  I can feel the spring energy rising, and I'm looking around and plants are starting to wake up, but I am sure we are being a bit early, or maybe spring is going to be.  It is southern Norway, and our official last frost day is 17th May, which is a long way away, so I think we shouldn't let the genii out of the bottle just yet.  I will just enjoy these lengthening cool sunny days and the extra energy in the air and in me.  This weekend I am taking part in Papirglede's Scrapathon and also hoping to join in a few challenges before this short month closes.  I've been playing with Poppystamp dies, brusho's and scraps for this card.

Sea green horses are all the rage you know!!

Here's the scraps I used.  A little late picture as you can see I have already cut the 'horse', Poppystamps Whittle Happy Unicorn, and Poppystamps Wavy Heart.  That piece started off pale blue and I coloured it with cobalt, turquoise and sea green brushos with lots of spritzing!!  Also coloured my fingers, the table, part of the floor and one sock!!!!!   Gotta love a messy colour session.  

I used the scraps of the scraps to decorate inside as well.  I used a stitch rectangle die and the hearts and Poppystamp Balloon Hearts with the little dangles snipped off.


 The sentiment is a Rubber Dance stamp and means thinking of you and I used a copper sharpie to go over the cut and stitch details on the horse and heart.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 101 - Me and You
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Papirglede Scrapathon
Creative Fingers Challenge 249 - AG




3 comments:

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

What a fun, colorful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Poppystamps monthly challenge.

Jeanne H said...

I too think this is a really fun card and love the colors. And I too am ready for spring, alas we had a blizzard last week. Hugs back to you!

Jeanne J. said...

I like that you chose untraditional colors - it really makes this a stand out!