Wednesday 11 May 2022

Scraptastic

Hello Nomad friends.  Today I decided to see if I could work out what this paperclip card trend is all about.  Never heard of it??  I think it's a Scandi thing.  I certainly haven't seen giant paperclips featuring many other places.   They call em cards, but basically it's like a scrappy tag.  I suppose some people are making em as little folded cards, but why stick a paperclip on the top if you aren't gonna hang it from something??  Basically you need a paperclip, big as you like, some scraps and other crafty goodies like stamps, dies, embellishments etc. etc. etc.........   And then this happened........

Not sure I'm hooked, but am rather pleased with this.   And it used scraps, so win win.....   I used a scrap of card I'd brayered with PaperArtsy paints and then sprayed with gold shimmer mist.  I cut Aall and Create Number Crunching die from a scrap of patterned paper, stuck it on the painty scrap and cut it to size.  I had a bit of the painty scrap left over so I cut the two fishtail pennants which I edged with black ink, and used two other pieces and some screw effect brads to attach it to the paperclip.  I stamped Aall and Create Dashing Crow, coloured and fussy cut.  I added two clock metal charms from Korthobby, the clock on the paperclip and then a cute cuckoo clock on the crow's jacket.  Might make a fun bookmark LOL.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Not a Card
Cut It Up Challenge 251 - Any Animal or Insect
Papercraft Challenge 81 - Animals (on the farm)
Double D Challenge - Birds/Bird Nests/Bird Cages/Birdhouses
Allsorts Challenge Week 675 Favourite Stamps and Dies love this crow stamp and Aall and create dies are such fun



9 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I hadn't heard of the paper clip thing. Interesting. I wonder if you're supposed to cut two tags and hang them together with the clip so that it could open? Who knows.

Yours is really cute. I like the steampunk look of it, and the bird is striking on that background. Thanks for sharing your Any Animal or Insect project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous paperclip, Gail - fun bird image and I love all the layers!! I have some of those large clips and now you've inspired me to try it! Would be so fun for holding a stack of paperwork or printed music.

CA Scrapper said...

I have not heard of the paper clip trend but I love how you used it. Thanks for joining our Animal/Insect challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

Barbara said...

I have not heard of the paperclip thing either. I think that you have started something here. Your bird is quite regal and I love the tag. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck!

brenda said...

Love it Gail, thanks for sharing another creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous creation.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Diane said...

What a fabulous crow he is! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double d!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great project, thank you for sharing it at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Darlene said...

Interesting Gail ... no I had never heard of this 'clip' design but you did an awesome job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there! You will find links to the other four challenge blogs we have on the sidebar of our blogs.