Tuesday 6 July 2021

Tiger's Christmas Tree

Hello Nomad friends.  It's Christmas!  In July!!  

I am elfing out at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge this month for the Woolly, Fluffy or Furry challenge and, since I'm also posting today over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity for the Christmas In July Challenge, I thought I'd share a particular Lost Coast Design furry that I love!!  Say hi to AUD Tiger.  AUD's animals and people are always a bit quirky and Tiger is no exception.  Here he is, decorating his tree.

I've kept it simple, but I would like to draw your attention to the base card....

I started with a green patterned card base but I wanted to jazz up the edges a bit so I inked Tiger's tree with Library Green archival ink and stamped it randomly around the edge.  Lovely extra texture.

I used a pale grey panel and cut it with a Stamplorations Double Stitch Rectangle die.  I blended some green shades of distress ink at the bottom.  I stamped AUD Tiger and Lost Coast Designs Party Words Merry Christmas in black archival and edged the panel and base card with green Promarker.  I coloured the tree green and added a few green and white gel pen highlights to the tiger.

Thanks for dropping by.  If you have that Christmas feeling and your cards contain Woolly, Fluffy or Furry things then join the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  If the spirit of Christmas is moving your mojo and your make uses really rubber or clear stamps then hop on over to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and link up with the Christmas In July Challenge.  Where ever you play, stay cool, chill out and don't forget to jingle.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 549
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fun and Quirky






4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this tiger so much - great image. Thanks for sharing how you created the background. I did wonder how you'd done it and it looks fab. Thanks for being my elf again, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling tiger, Gail - so cute with his tree!! Just love that background you created with the side of the tree - looks like gorgeous marbled paper!! Congrats on being an elf - I'm planning to play along.

Sue said...

I love this Gail, and what a great way of using the tiger's tail! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Janis said...

Fab tiger and cool background! I think the couch-tigers at my house are more interested in UN-decorating the Christmas tree rather than helping decorate it...lol..
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com