Sunday 11 July 2021

Thanks Scrappegarasjen

Hello Nomad friends.  There are many reason to like living in Norway.  A big one this weekend was an online scrapmeet organised by Scrappegarasjen.  I haven't seen anyone outside of Norway talking about such things but the Norwegian shops and groups have been keeping us entertained many times in the last 15 months when it hasn't been possible to have real in person meetings.  My sanity and my Mojo have been saved many times by these fun and awesome events.  This meeting was concentrating of Norwegian stamp and die producers which was really cool.  Here's two of the cards I made this weekend.  

This card used Kort og Godt stamps.  Lots of em.  I had the big dog stamp and I bought a second one that had different sentiments and came with a smaller slightly different dog.  But today I decided they would look cool together!  I stamped the two smaller dogs first, masked them and then stamped the one in the middle.  I wanted a peeking over the wall look so.......

 

I drew a faint pencil line so I could get the dogs stamped at the same level and stamped them inside my Kort og Godt patterned card base.  Then I cut the front of the card so the 'wall' folds over them.  I masked all the dogs to stamp the snowflake background.  I coloured the dogs with distress markers.  All stamping with different colour archival inks.  The sentiment says with wishes for a magical christmas.  

On the front panel I stamped Ho Ho Ho and do not open til xmas eve, which seemed funny and appropriate. 

Joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 52 - Woolly, Fluffy or Furry
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 550
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fun and Quirky
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Christmas In July

 

My second card uses Papirdesign patterned papers, sticker sentiment and dies.

Two different people we know were off this weekend fishing for salmon, so a fishy card seemed appropriate.  I used Papirdesigns Fiskestenger designer paper and football pattern and fish dies.  I always think that football pattern die looks like a net so.......  The sticker was white, but I coloured it with Promarker to match my cool blue colour scheme, and I added a tiny patterned card scrap along the bottom as a fun design element.

Joining the fun at
Papirdesign Sommerutfordring - Alt Er Lov
Die Cut Divas - Tone on Tone
Lek med Kreativscrapping - Turkis
Allsorts Challenge Week 632 - Masculine

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cards, Gail - I know what you mean about online crafty events saving the day during the pandemic!!

Michelle N. said...

Great cards! Love that fish and all that blue! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

brenda said...

Two great creations for a man, many thanks for joining in with our 'Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Arlene said...

Glad you had some good crafting times. That football (for us Americans, soccer)pattern does look like a net so hopefully your fishing friends were able to catch some fish because you did on your card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tone on Tone challenge.

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dotty Jo said...

Loving your cards, Gail! Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart! Ha ha ha, Jo x

Wenche said...

Flott kort. Takk for at du deltar hos Papirdesign.

Renate said...

Flott fiskekort!
Takk for at du deltar på Papirdesigns sommerutfordring :)
Klem fra Renate