Saturday 10 July 2021

Swimming Star

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the 10th of the month and time for the new challenge at Let's Squash It!  This month we want you to use any embossing folder and a medium to make it shimmer and/or shine.  No, not a clairvoyant!  A craft medium such as coloured/gilding wax, mica based powders such as perfect pearl, glitter glue, sparkly or shimmery paints etc etc etc.   Gotta admit, well out of my armchair for this one.  I have these mediums, a surprizing number of them, and some of them are even still in good shape!!!  But I don't use them so much.  Never have.  Might now.  Anyway, here goes...........

 
I embossed a pale blue mini-skinny card twice with Sizzix Simple Impressions Stars embossing folder.  These are the clear acetate folders with a brass stencil and a matching plastic moulded panel to give the positive impression.  If you have never heard of em that's OK, I am showing my age!!!  I have a few of this style of folder, but I think they went out, like Betamax and the dinosaurs........
 

I used a paper towel to apply purple gilding wax.  I worked the wax from the middle of the card, up and down, leaving it feathery at the edges and over the embossed areas so some of the base card colour shows through. 

I added some Signature Net Corners die cuts and stamped and fussy cut Lost Coast Designs Swimsuit Girl.  As our guest this month at Let's Squash It! said, it's difficult to photo this shimmery stuff, but it does look rather cool in the real.

 

Hop over and join the Let's Squash It! fun and check out the awesome Technique Time post by Jo and the lovely challenge inspiration from the team and our fabulous guest.  See you there.......

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Cut It Up Challenge 229 - Water





6 comments:

Tina Z. said...

such a cool card, I love this style.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Har, har - I have some of those folders around here somewhere, Gail... Just love what you did with the stars and all the shimmer - so fun with the old fashioned swimmer girl too!!

Dotty Jo said...

I really, REALLY love this card, Gail! It's just darned fabulous, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

Great card Gail, what an amazing background you have given your swimsuit girl. I have never heard of those folders, but I do love the effect xx

Angelnorth said...

Love the effect of the streaky purple with the base blue showing through, perfect background for swimsuit girl Gail!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That is some swimsuit! The effect you've gotten with your wax and embossing folder gives this card a cohesive, antique look. So cool!

Thank you for joining our Water challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com