Thursday 7 January 2021

Sparkles When Cold

Hello Nomad friends.  Temperatures here in southern Norway continue to hold around -8°C.  As they say, 'Baby It's Cold Outside'!!!!   The thick frost does make for very pretty sparkles when the sun or moon hits it, but I think I have lost my tolerance to cold.  In celebration of all things cold and sparkly I made another Santa card, stamping him on snowflake paper and giving him glitter sparkles to match the weather.

I've used a lovely stamp from Stampendous called Postcard Santa.  I used a Kort og Godt grey woodgrain card base and stamped using Sky Blue archival.  I wanted the background to be subtle so I just lightly smeared my ink pad over the stamp.

I stamped Santa on some very pale blue snowflake paper with black archival, coloured with distress markers, Promarkers, white gel pen and glitter glue on the fur and tree snowy bits.

I cut a scrap with a stitch landscape die to give him somewhere to stand, and added my fussy cut Santa.  Love that he has a snowflake in his beard!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas December Challenge - Santa
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 523
Christmas Craft Creations December Challenge - Winter Blues
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 134 - Anything Goes
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Januar - Bling/Glitter


9 comments:

!neke said...

Love this !
Great card!
Groeten Ineke DT52WTC

Liz said...

Great card Gail, I love the Santa. It's been pretty cold here today, below freezing but not as cold as it is in Norway! xx

Mrs A. said...

I love this santa image and adore the colours you have used for him. It id getting very cold here in the UK with minus temperatures at night time. Hope you are keeping well and saf. Hugs Mrs A.

Jantine said...

Love this Santa and the beautiful background!
Thanks for joining our challenge at 52WTC.
Jantine DT 52WTC

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous Santa, Gail - just love how you colored him!!

Nancy Soetaert said...

so fun this blue santa!
Thanks for joining us at 52WTC!
NAncy

Michelle B. said...

I love the traditional Santa and love your techniques - so beautiful! So glad you joined us for our Winter Blues challenge at CCC!

Joy Dsouza said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.
- Joy Dsouza

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Kjempelekkert kort. Nydelig detaljer i glitter.
Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen hos Scrappelyst :-)