Sunday 17 January 2021

Cupcake Wheek!

Hello Nomad friends.  I had a little package arrive from my sister in the UK on Friday.  She posted it 16th December!!!!  Never give up hope people!!  It was a surprize and there were lots of goodies, including some dies.  As soon as I saw the sizzix ice cream die I knew it would make a fabulous huge cupcake.  Wheek!!!

Very happy with this, especially since I hit the scraps!  I used a square raspberry base card and added a 14cm square of pink gingham paper.  I don't consider pieces that size scraps, but I know some people do.  I wanted to use my happy xmas to me Hobby Art Christmas Squeekings stamps, so dug out a vari-coloured brown scrap, stamped the guinea pig, a little white gel pen and fussy cut.  A hot pink scrap cut with Lawn Fawn Bayou background pond die!! for my cupcake doily.  The pink check cupcake wrapper and the orange diamond cake bit are actually reverse sides of the same paper,   I scored the 'wrapper' vertically and inked with Worn Lipstick to simulate that crenelated shape of the cupcake paper.  The dark brown is a scrap of ribbled copper paper.  The glitter glue kinda obscures the lovely metallic finish LOL.  The top die cut was a bit of painted card I have been saving!!  Looked like butterscotch sauce to me!!!  Found a scrap of red metallic card that was just big enough for the cherry die, and used a Promarker to make the green stem.  Copious amounts of glitter glue sprinkles and Wheek!!!  

Thanks for dropping by.  That cupcake is making me hungry........  Where's da cake??!  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Double D 5th Anniversary Birthday - Cupcakes
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 394
Country View Challenge January - Squares
Hobbygarasjen Utfordring - Glitter

Time Out Challenge 179 - You I have never kept guinea pigs, but I do love cake
Stamplorations January Theme Challenge - Stamps and Sweets



14 comments:

Julie B said...

Well done using those scraps, I am trying to do the same but not very successfully! Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Barbara said...

Ha Ha! That is a HUge cupcake and that little critter looks like he doesn't know if he can eat it all. Too much fun! Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge.
Barbara DT

Dotty Jo said...

That little gp is adorbs, as it that cupcake. Glad your crafty goodies are getting through - a girl needs new stash! Jo x

Liz said...

What a fun card Gail and a great way if using some of your snippets. Glad to hear you received your surprise parcel from your sister. I live in the UK and am still waiting for a parcel posted on 9th December. It was posted only 2 hours drive away! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great surprise and I love what you did with that die, Gail - so cute with the little guinea pig!!

Karin Lovise said...

Such a cute card with the huge cupcake and the little Guinea pig. Thank you for joining us at Hobbygarasjen’s challenge. Hug’s from Karin Lovise

Darlene said...

WOW that is a BIG cupcake (bet I could handle it though ... especially if it's chocolate! lol). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘CUPCAKES’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice ! Thank you for your contribution to our January 'Squares' challenge over at Country View Crafts! Corrie xx

Miriam said...

Great project - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Jane Willis said...

What a great idea to use a pond die for the doiley. And the guinea pig is adorable.
As for when is a snippet not a snippet, at 14cm square I'd say it's borderline. If it was all that was left of a 30cm square sheet, I'd call it a snippet, but if it came from a 6" square pad I wouldn't.
Jane
Guest Designer at the Playground

Di said...

What a great cupcake! Super card Gail. I think Jane's definition of a snippet is the same as mine.

Hugs

Di xx

Lucy E. said...

I love your cupcake and the sweet guinea pig curiously peeking around! My daughters had guinea pigs for pets when they were young. They’re cute, but I don’t miss the mess!

Shauna said...

What a cute card! I like your fun, large cupcake and the cute critter. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

papierelle said...

Mmh ... yummy ... I can understand the guinea pig well when it wants to snack.