Thursday 22 August 2019

Scraps

Hello.  Welcome.  Scrap mountain is an ever expanding thing so it's nice to make a project totally from the scraps bin.  


I made a tag using Poppystamps large Sugarplum Fairy die and a Sizzix TH Paris themed embossing folder.


I rattled through the scraps box and found this leftover heart stamped sheet.  I remember I stamped Rubber Dance heart stamp using grey ink and then watercoloured with pink.  It has a nice shimmer so I am sure Windsor and Newton Iridescent Watercolour Medium was involved. It's quite lightweight card so I dug out a scrap of card with dried glue on it and stuck it to the back.  Then I cut it into a tag shape.


I also found a long thin scrap of gold card which I cut the Sugarplum Fairy from.  She comes with wings, but I haven't used them this time.  I embossed the tag and the fairy with the TH Texture Fades Eiffel Tower embossing folder.
Ballet, hearts and Paris!  A perfect mix.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 59 - ABC - School and/or Anything But A Card
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday July 2019 - Tim Holtz
Stamplorations Summer Tagplorations Challenge
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 359
Mod Squad Challenge - Travel/Vacation



5 comments:

Dana Kirby said...

Such a pretty tag! I love how you created your background! And that die is Gorgeous!!

Di said...

This is just gorgeous Gail! I love the background and also the die you used. Ha, I just had to nip off and buy that one as it's Mia's Birthday soon and will be perfect for her as she's into ballet. She recently played Mowgli in The Jungle Book - she was brilliant as well. But, what little girl doesn't dream of having a starring role wearing a tutu? I won't use the wings either. She's going to be in the next production which is Tinkerbell - sadly not playing Tinkerbell (those wings would have been out for another card!) but John, the brother of Wendy who wore the PJs and top hat. For some reason she always gets boys parts to play. Her time will come though!

Hugs

Di xx

pam said...

Love this beautiful tag.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

I love how this came together. I never thought to emboss layers like this! Brilliant! I'm inspired now!

Di said...

Hi Gail! Yes indeed, it WAS you that I spotted using the Sugar Plum Faerie die! Many thanks for that.

Hugs

Di xx