Saturday 5 January 2013

The First of the Year

Well hello everyone.  Hoping that your Christmas and New Year went perfectly.  Well here I am with my first post of the New Year.  It's been a bit hectic so I haven't had much time to craft but I really am hoping that I will be super inspired to try new things, stretch myself and be more focused.  I sometimes joke that my middle initial stands for procrastination.  I am excellent at starting things but often leave the finishing until tomorrow.   And as you know, tomorrow never comes.  Despite this things get done, maybe a bit last minute, but it's the end result that counts isn't it.  Hopefully my end results are good and getting better.  

Anyway, a new year and challenges all over the place.  Fun, fun, fun.  Cheery Lynn's weekly challenge is Friends/Friendship.    




I used a sheet from Dovecraft's Eastern Promise paper and embossed it using Born to Shop Green Goddess embossing folder.  Then out with the Pine Needles and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.  I wanted to use my Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies Die (I love this fantastic die) so I thought about friends and butterflies and came up with a phrase I liked.  I didn't have an appropriate stamp or sticker so I have doodled.  Then I cut lots of butterflies from an old calendar and proved my saying had a tinsy little flaw.  Although I am firmly convinced you can't have too many friends I do think I maybe went a bit mad with the butterflies so I have a few left over for another project.  Excellent.  Also thinking about it you can have too many Cabbage White Butterflies.  Especially when their little caterpillars start munching on my cabbages.  Oh, sorry, got a bit distracted there.  I wanted a narrow border and was a bit stuck until I found these stripy pipe-cleaners in my stash.  After I had glued them down I realised I could have had a go at more doodles but I do like the extra dimension the pipe-cleaners give. 


Thanks for dropping by.  Happy crafting everyone. 

6 comments:

Vicki Romaine said...

I really like the sentiment. The Cheerful Stamp Pad will be re-starting challenges so come and visit on Monday. I would love to have you as a follower.

Sylvia said...

Love the pretty butterflies and the sentiment, happy crafting for 2013.

Sylv xx

Von said...

I would never of thought of using pipe cleaner and they do give a lovely added texture to your card :)
Von ♥

xxxtglxxx said...

Lovely card, really cheerful! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Donna said...

Great mixed media card, and love the butterflies.Thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge.
hugs
Donna xx

shulsart said...

Too cute, the butterflies are a perfect embellishment. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.