Sunday 6 January 2013

There's Cheese and There's Cheese

Oh, my mind is a bliz with ideas and inspiration.  So many things buzzing I can't settle to one project and am afraid tomorrow they will have fled and I will look at the 50 things I took out today and ask "What dat den?!"  I am blaming it mostly on The Craft Barn and partly on Tim Holtz.  Now before anyone gets upset let me just say The Craft Barn is one of my most favouritist places to shop and they are just so nice and helpful but they have just set this mind blowing challenge, well OK it blew my mind, that is going to run for the whole year.  Now how ambitious is that?  Check it out HERE.  I have also decided to have a go at Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013.  Another one that runs all year!  This will be the first time I have joined Tim's long established tag fest.  The tags that he uses to inspire and those submitted to the challenge are WOW so I was a bit unsure, but this afternoon an idea or two have avalanched into the tiny brain cell in charge of crafting so I'm going for it.  All this when I was supposed to be sorting out an entry for the CASology challenge which closes soon.  No, I mean really soon!  How can you CAS when the brain is full of tags and dictionaries and things that go bump in the dark??  A deep breath and say onomatopoeia, twice for luck.



So the challenge at CASology is New.  I have gone with a baby card.  You can never have enough baby cards.  People seem to suddenly turn up with a new baby and there is never a card on hand.  Or it's a boy and the cards are pink, or, yes you guessed, it's a girl and the card is an aeroplane because you were convinced he was going to take after the father and be a bird fancier one day.  So I went green to cover all bets.  I embossed my card with Sizzix Woodgrain embosssing folder and then coloured my white space green with Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles Distress and Memento's London Fog.  The owl, cute or what? is Leane Creatief Owlies #1 decoupage.  I haven't used all the layers, in deference to CAS, and also cos I was happy with it just the way it is.  Hopefully this will be perfect for the next baby that comes along, or if not I can enjoy it myself, cos that owl is just so cute. 

Entering this for CASology Challenge Week 25 - New

May inspiration rain down upon you and may the craft be with you.  Happy day, craft away. 

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wonderful alternative baby card, the owl is super cute. Here's hoping some of your inspiration rains down on me, I have ideas but cannot get my act together at the moment!

Looking forward to the dictionary challenge, maybe it will get me motivated, looking forward to seeing your first page.

Sylv x

Ardyth said...

I love what you've done with your background - the perfect setting for that sweet owl! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the owl for a baby card, and a cute one too. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Maureen Merritt said...

Aw, what a sweet image! I love that owl! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous colouring on the woodgrain and you're right - I never have the right baby card when I need it either! :)
Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!