Wednesday 16 January 2013

Out of the Closet

Hi Nomad friends.  This week I realised that I have been hiding in the desert for too long.  I must out and make myself known.  Twice this week I have been addressed as Iona.  Now, I think that's a great name.  I have no problems with that but it did make me realise that my profile is verging on the non-existant.  I am going to own up and stand tall.  Check it out.   Maybe I'll go wild and include a photo. 

OK, so a while ago Von over at Artful Times challenged us to use at least two embossing folders.  Now I was all excited cos I love embossing folders.  They are my friends and make me look good.  That said, it was the New Year and I was all excited about a lot of things so I am only just answering the call.   Hi Von.......


I made a pair of tags.  I am so pleased with my new embossing folder Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Sea Beauty.  I used both sides.  I embossed some white card then used Sizzix Framelit Die Frame Ironwork to cut my tags.  This is pointed both ends so I cut the bottom square.   Then I fussy cut the shell shapes and die cut the seahorses with Sizzix original die.  I coloured with Distress Inks - Broken China, Pine Needles, Shabby Shutters and with Brilliance Dew Drop Rocket Red.  Brum brum.  The weeds in the background are Sizzix Flowers and Vines #3 which I embossed with Sizzix embossing folder Regal Flourishes and coloured with Shabby Shutters.   On the seahorse tag the RHS shell and the front seahorse are mounted on sticky pads.  The LHS shell on the second tag is also on sticky pads.  I was working on fish but couldn't find any that seemed to fit and then whilst looking through Crafty Individuals background book Seaside I found this perfect quote.  Happy dance.  I finished the tags with a clump of wool, embroidery thread and gold thread which I thought looked kind of like seaweed rising through the water.  Too much poetic blurb?  




I am entering these for Artful Times Challenge 20 - Embossing

I have doubled checked my spellings but please forgive any errors.  My new computer and I aren't quite seeing eye 2 eye.  I hit the keys but the letters don't always come up, or I get doubles.  I think the mouse pad is more sensitive as well cos occassionally I end up typing half way up the page so maybe I am brushing against it accidentally.  Or maybe the machines are trying to take over the world.

Take care friends.  Off to add a bit to my profile.  Maybe at least a name.  Don't want to get too carried away. 

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

The colours and all the detail are super, love the seahorse and that quote, one I like to use now and again.

Sylv x

Neet said...

So glad you took up Von's invitation to join us at Artful Times. Please join us again although I cannot promise it stipulating embossing but you can always incorporate it.
Great tags, love the seahorse,
Hugs, Neet (Artful Times) xx

Julia S-W said...

These are wonderful Gail! I love your shimmery seahorses in particular. Embossing them catches the light beautifully. The 'rocks' at the base of the tag are a great touch. I clicked to enlarge your photos and the tones of blue in the background are gorgeous.
Juliaxx
Dare one ask: do you own a bunny??!! xxxx

ionabunny said...

You are one of my regular stops for stimulating challenges and inspiration from you, Von and fellow participants. Looking forward to seeing what you will challenge us with next

ionabunny said...

Many bunnies. Numbers change. Currently six. Looking forward to the spring and the thump of little bunny feet......

Von said...

Hello Gail lol
I can imagine they look even better IRL with the brilliance ink on the sea horse what a good idea ! and thank you for sharing them with us at Artful Times :)
Von ♥

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely tags in great colours!