Saturday 10 December 2022

Another Meercat in the Snow

Hello Nomad friends.  Yep, another meercat!  Well, this guy got left behind the other day and he's been looking at me!   Who could resist...........  We have a new challenge starting at Let's Squash It! today and we want to see Snowflakes and/or Stars.  Sadly I also have to tell you that this will be the last challenge at Let's Squash It! for the time being.  It's been squashtastic, but Jo and I have decided to suspend the challenges after this one.  So if you have been meaning to join the squashy fun now is the time!!!!   Here's meercat in the snow II.... 

I started by embossing my card panel with Crafters Companions Parquet embossing folder and gave it a really weak watercolour wash with Tea Dye distress ink.  Then I embossed with Hobby Solutions Let It Snow embossing folder and used Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube ink.  My intention was to make the snowflakes pop, but everything got knocked back so I embraced the neutral naturals.  I used irridescent glitter glue on the snowflakes, which worked surprisingly well.  Then I added my Hobby Art meercat and gave him a brown santa hat with some glitter.  Can't have too much glitter at Christmas.....

Hop over and check out the awesome inspiration from Jo and our GDT and don't forget to join our amazing farewell party.  See you there!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Christmas Cheer

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add Some Sparkle
Country View December Challenge - Christmas

Bastel-traum Challenge 119 - Schneeflocken
Allsorts Challenge Week 706 - AG opt Let It Snow

9 comments:

brenda said...

Real fun with the Meerkat and the snowflakes makes it just perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

Ellibelle said...

The embossing looks fabulous and what a fun image too! Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Dena J said...

Beautiful snowy EF. The expression on the meercat makes me laugh! Many thanks for joining the 'Snow' challenge at Allsorts.

Fikreta said...

So great card!

Angelnorth said...

Cute meerkat and a lovely glimmer on those snowflakes, fun card Gail. Farewell party is a nice way of looking at it, I will do my best to join you over at LSI.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling meerkat with the snowflakes, Gail - love it!! Sad to see LSI take a break but I certainly understand - it's a lot of work!! Happy to be guest designing this month!!

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely fin, festive card Gail love the image and embossing thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Craftyfield said...

The meerkats always bring a smile to my face! Fun card, thanks for sharing itwith us at Country View Challenges!