Tuesday 24 September 2019

Scary Eyes

Hello.  Welcome.  Do you ever get a new stamp and you stamp it for the first time and go Wow!!!  Ok, maybe quite often LOL.  I just got this fab stamp from Carmen's Veranda called Boris Karloff, cos it is LOL.  I thought he would be great for the spooky season, and oh look, he is!!  Those are scary eyes bwahahaahahahaa.


I was putting this together yesterday, but despite kinda knowing how I wanted it to go, it just never quite got there.  Then this morning, Mr Mojo and I walked into the craft room, took another look at Boris, and Mr Mojo says 'he needs a wobble'.  !!!!!!   Well, of course he does!!!


I stamped Boris on a panel of white card using black archival ink.


I used a black Promarker to draw two lines from his ears to the edge of the card and filled those areas using Bright Green Promarker.  Then I used Mowed Lawn distress and Stamplorations Swirly Blooms stencil to add some pattern.  The panels at the top gave me some challenges.  After messing up some more stencilling, and disliking them black and white, and then just black, I cut them away!


So this morning I took a panel of black card, embossed it with Stamplorations Double Stitch Rectangle die and used a white gel pen in the groove to give me a frame.  Then I mounted it on a larger black card base and added the Boris with the green wings panel using an Action Wobble.  


Poor man's video of Boris in action!!!

This is going straight into my Halloween decorations!!  Love it.  Very spooky with the eyes there Boris.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Boris is joining the fun at
Mod Squad Challenge - Stenciled Background
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Interactive
Dream in Darkness
Time Out Challenge 144 - Home Sweet Home black, white, a little bit of green and close up of a framed face
Stamplorations Summer Theme Challenge
Stamplorations Summer Mixed Media Challenge




5 comments:

Gail said...

Freaky Scary is right! Love me a Boris - [and the old movies] - I like the added wobble and stencil too!! - thanks for dropping him off at Mod Squad [PSSSS I think this qualifies for the CUTplorations Challenge at STAMPlorations as well - I read DIE CUT from Stamplorations - stencil as well--]- have a blessed day --to a person with a great name! bawahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - Boo!

sandie said...

oh Gail this is so scary-those green eyes are what struck me! Forget the wobble-the eyes are scary enough! No, the wobble was a fab idea and such a unique take on our challenge-love the way you went with this. Thanks for joining Time Out

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderfuf interpretation of TO #144! That really is some image! You did a scary, wonderful job with it. Boris would be pleased. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out #144.

Lynn said...

What a great stamps..the eyes are piercing!! Love your take on the challenge.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Squiddy said...

Great attack on ole Boris. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness