Thursday 5 September 2019

I Take Mine Black

Welcome Nomad friends.  The temperatures have cooled down this week, and the last few days have been wet and wild, so I have been hiding in my crafty space.  Tuesday we had an electrical inspection so the crafty space has finally been cleaned, decluttered and reorganised.  Previously I couldn't find things cos they were buried.  Now some idiot has moved stuff around and I still can't find things!!  But I expect I will get used to it, and it is really nice to not be moving a pile of stuff every time I want to do something.  Just gotta keep it tidy now!!  But first Christmas!!!


I've used with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge colours again.  I started by stamping Hero Arts Birds and Trees stamp on my blue card base using dark blue ink.  This stamp comes with a matching Sizzix embossing folder, but I didn't use that.  Then I cut Sizzix Tangled Twigs (TH) die from blue card, covered it with iridescent glitter glue and added it to the card front.  I love the result, great for colour co-ordinating if you don't have the right colour glitter paper.  Just remember to poke any extra glitter glue out of those little holes in the die cut before it dries.  Much easier I imagine bwhahhhaaaahaa.  I stamped The Greeting Farm Let It Snow bear on a scrap of white card, fussy cut and coloured with gel pens.  Found the sentiment already stamped on a scrap, cut it and backed with a scrap of glitter paper.  Then I thought I needed a tree line, so I stamped more of the trees from the Hero Arts stamp on more blue scraps, fussy cut them and added them across the card.  Well worth all that snipping.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
A Blog Named Hero Challenge - Stretch Your Stamps
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 477 - Food and Drink
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 360
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 18 - Get a Head-er Start
ABC Christmas Challenge - S is for Sparkle




9 comments:

Fikreta said...

so cute!

Dotty Jo said...

Sparkly and lovely! Thanks for playing along at CKC again. I LOVE this bear and that fabulous background, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

What a fantastic bear! Love how you've done his stripey scarf to match the header and the sparkle twiggy die cut look fabulous with the background stamping peeping through, love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Just back for another look - your background is so detailed! Jo x

Betty said...

so cute, Gail - your bear looks like he's in a glittery forest!! thanks for joining the challenge at A Blog Named Hero - Betty, ABNH FB DT

SkyPaperScissors said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us for the A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Lindsey said...

Wow, that background and all those fussy cut trees make an amazing backdrop for your cute bear! (And your gel pens obviously behave much better than mine ever do.) Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Di said...

Wonderful card Gail! Such a cute image and the twigs layer is perfect! Love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Wei said...

Such a sweet card with the sparkle background. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.