Tuesday 2 April 2019

Bearly Conscious

Hello Nomad friends.  How's things???  Here in the north Spring is looking like a possibility.  Lots of floral colour in the garden.  A bit warmer please, and if you could turn off that freezing cold wind I would be a very happy bunny.  It's the 2nd of the month so time for the reveal at the Card Chain Challenge.  Make a card, send a card, get a card.  Everyone's a winner!!  Here's the card I sent to Betty.


Squuueeee!!  How cute is that panda??  I was actually very lucky in February and this was one of the stamps I won.  This one was a blog hop prize from Blue Knight Stamps.  I have only recently found this company and I was so happy to win the hop and be able to get this fabulous stamp.  It stamps the whole scene in one go and was a dream to colour.  Love it!


I started by stamping the Loveable Panda on grey woodgrain paper using black archival.  I tried to line up the tree with the woodgrain pattern.  I coloured the tree, panda and the two sets of leaves that were touching the tree with distress inks and fussy cut.


I stamped the image again on yellow vellum and coloured the leaves I hadn't cut out with lime green Promarker. 


I mounted the vellum panel on a lime green patterned card base and added the fussy cut tree, panda, leaves. 

Do hop over and check out all the amazing cards that were exchanged for March.
If you would like to join the fun the April Sign-Up is open for a few more days.
The May Sign-Up starts 7th April.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at

7 comments:

Fikreta said...

lovely card!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a cute panda and I love the vibrant colors you used! Soooo adorable! Thanks for linking up to the "Anything goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built. I hope you'll come by and participate in this week's "Use a stencil" link party.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card,Gail.

Gr,Sylvia.

Heather said...

Oh, how cute!! This image is fabulous and I love the whole background in green, it really adds to the jungle feeling! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beaut! Love how the panda 'pops' against the background, Gail. I'll have to study this as I'm still not totally sure how you've made the background. Looks great, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Adorable panda and I love the treatment you’ve given him with the bright background and foliage, great card Gail! Lucky you on the win, too!

rachel said...

Brilliant Panda stamp = love your make - and thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges! Hugs Rachel x