Monday 28 January 2019

In Ter Res Ting

Hello.  Welcome.  There is a curious little challenge going on over at the Unity Show and Tell fb group where they want you to stamp an image and leave it uncoloured, then use some patterned paper and let that be the star.  No high art here but some nice results and I decided that you might be interested in the idea, maybe also being an owner of a small stack of patterned paper, and that I may wish to remember this technique myself at a later date.  I actually made two cards.  
 

 
Here's the sheet of paper I started with...

 
This came from Nille (read woolworths/target type shop) a few years ago.  I picked up a few themed packs of 5 or 6 30 x 30 papers.  Some parts are embossed or have glitter on them.  This one is obviously wedding themed.  The first thing that caught my eye was the lovely border on the RHS

I cut a section of the border and added to a white card that I had stamped the image from Unity Big Time Special and then ran a chili red Promarker around the edges.  I think it works quite nicely with the heart balloon and the red glittery hearts on the patterned paper. 


Then I did this.  I liked that panel in the top left of the paper sheet with the two champagne glasses on it.  I stamped Unity George and Scarlett on white card and fussy cut them.  I cut out the panel and cut along the top of the lower frame so I could tuck their legs behind the frame.  I also cut along each side of the stem of the champagne glass so I could thread Scarlett's skirt behind the glass.  Love how that gives dimension to the glasses.  I mounted on a brown card base and used another piece of paper from the set t stamp the congratulations sentiment.  

As I said, interseting technique and a great way to use a bit of patterned paper.

Thanks for dropping by. Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love Is In The Air
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 1904
Repeat Impressions Anything Goes Challenge - J2319

7 comments:

Heather said...

Ooo . . . that IS an interesting challenge! Your created two fabulous cards (for me it would have been sooooooo hard not to add color to the giraffe image!), but I really LOVE that second one! So elegant, and uncolored image really adds to that! Great idea to make it so the dress was behind the wine glass stem; it looks fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Dotty Jo said...

Very nice! It's all in picking the right images, isn't it. Jo x

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Gail! The images are super cute and I love the pretty sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I really like the images just stamped and plain. Both cards are great! Thanks for joining us at PIP Challenges! We love seeing your creations!
Hugs

Esther Asbury said...

Interesting technique (perfect for when time is short or for those of us with amateur coloring skills!). Great cards! Thanks so much for linking up to the Anything Goes challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Fikreta said...

Lovely cards!
hugs

Kath Stewart said...

amazing cards, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx