Saturday 12 October 2013

For the Love of Fishing

Hello.  Welcome.   We are having a few beautiful days.  Bright and sunny, makes you feel like being out and tackling some of the jobs that need doing before winter gets a grip.  It's cold at night, just to remind us that winter is coming.  Hopefully not too soon.  So let's enjoy the autumn while we can.  Over at PaperArtsy Alison Bomber has been making some lovely projects using some lovely stamp.  I usually like to make something that has a purpose or a destination in mind before I start.  I loved Alison's second project and decided to make art for arts sake.  To my satisfaction when I came to choose my stamps the project kind of defined itself.  


If you want the steps check out the link above.  I've used a flat canvas, added book paper, texture paste through a Crafters Workshop mask, covered it with white then used VersaMagic Gingerbread and Jumbo Java.  Then I went a bit mad with the gold embossing powder.  First I stamped corners using a swirl stamp from PA SIDD5 set.  They looked a bit lonely out on the corners all alone so I thought I'd join them up with a bit of freehand doodling using my embossing ink pen.  Now usually this is a bad idea.  OK, not a bad idea but it just doesn't look how I imagined when I finish.  This time I'm content with my effort.  


For my central image I have used a stamp from Kort og Godt.  My tags are stamped with foliage from PA ELB04 and the sentiment is from PA USNT4.  The buttons, love those buttons, were stamped with PA Winter Wonderland Plate 6 and and stamps from ASI2.  I added a couple of metal leaf charms from Korthobby.  These were silver but I added a bit of the Gingerbread and Jumbo Java, which I also used for all the stamping, to blend them in.  It was fun working with this limited palette.  The buttons are something I will definitely be doing again.  I think this will be perfect for a young fisherman.  And his dog. 

My little fisher is joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Korthobby Utfordring - Til en Mann
ALBC - A Little Bit Shabby
Stamping Sensations - All Creatures Great and Small
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Rubber Stamp

Thanks for dropping by.  Please leave a comment.  It will count as a chance towards this candy.  Also if you fancy swapping an ATC check out the same post for details.  Have a great weekend everyone.  Hope the mojo is flowing.  It is here.........

15 comments:

Daniella said...

A beautiful fall piece! Very lovely!
Thanks for visiting me today!!
xxDaniella

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks amazing; I love it!

Lucy x

Merete/Scrappeguri said...

Lovely card! Thanks for enyoing us in Korthobby!
Merete

Janet said...

fabulous canvas, love the image

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous panel! I love tags and buttons!

Laura said...

Love the gold border :)

Words and Pictures said...

This is beautiful, Gail - such a serene image at the centre, perfect with the calming neutrals, and I love your freehand doodling and those fabulous gold embossing accents. Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week.
Alison x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love the image and I don't think you went overboard with the gold, I love how shiny it looks.

Emma x

Sarah B said...

very pretty - I love the embossing ! x

Kay Wallace said...

Love the vintage look, Gail! Those buttons are spectacular. But, I am a sucker for embossing, and I love how you have used both the powder and the paste. Sweet gold yumminess all 'round!

Kjersti Gabrielsen said...

Tusen takk igjen for at du deltar her hos oss i utfordringen til Korthobby.no

Herlig kort :)

DT-Kjersti

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Very well done! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love love love this one...the gold embossing is just gorgeous
bibiana

LindaSS said...

nydelig..

Tusen takk for at du er med på utfordringen hos oss i Korthobby..

Klem LindaSS

Eret said...

This is fabulous! Love all the details and embellishments. Fantastic work! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Staming Sensation.
Eret x