Wednesday 9 October 2013

Wing of Bat

Hello, welcome and boo to you.  Having a inspired month here at the Crafty Nomad.   Have you checked out my candy?  More excitement tomorrow so don't forget to check back regularly this month.  It's just so much fun to share with you.  I love the challenges at Joan's Garden.  Joan always comes up with such great recipes.  This week it's purple and green, torn edges and layers.   I can work with that.....


I started with a purple card, distressed the edges and added some dark purple ink to make it stand out.  I cut Cheery Lynn Spider Web Mesh Border from green paper and cut it lengthways.  I tore three different patterned papers and layered them and the web border.  I cut Cheery Lynn Pocket watch in green, added a purple lizard skin effect paper behind and a frog button.  It's a frogket watch! 



I added some bats and a spider button. 



The bottle is a stamp from PaperArtsy LPC01 set, coloured with purple wink of stella brush and then covered with glossy accents.  It shimmers, it shines.  The pumpkin is small pumpkin embossing folder from Sizzix on sanded core'dination card and the Halloween is another button, from Dress It Up I think. 



Joining the fun at
Joan's Garden
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge - Halloween
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Rubber Stamp 
Emergency Crafters Challenge - Halloween 
CropStop World Card Making Day 

Thanks for dropping by.   Don't forget to leave some love. 

This card won at Joan's Garden

10 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Such a fun card. Great details and I love your colors. Tearing the paper just adds so much.
Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very very bright and festive. so perfect for Halloween
cheers
bibiana

Vicki said...

Wow! Love the bright colors and elements. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop WCMD Blog Hop!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the whole spooky design is FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sylvia said...

Love the puple and green and those wonderful die cuts, a fabulous Halloween card.

Sylv xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Halloween card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

LeslieRahye said...

This is so much fun Gail! I love it!! Lime spiderwebs are great! Don't you just LOVE that die!!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!! Good Luck!

Kay Wallace said...

What a great combination of Halloween elements, Gail! I love this, but have to say my favorite element is that bottle stamp, so beautiful colored and filled with a potion, I am sure!!

Amy Voorthuis said...

Oh I adore all the purple in your card!!! Would love to get this in my mailbox!! Thank you so much for playing at Cheery Lynn Designs this week hugs Amy ;-)

Unknown said...

This looks like it was a lot of fun to make, Love the spider web and all of your colors--glad you had a spider to add to it as well..