Tuesday 6 February 2024

Out On A Limb

Hello Nomad friends.   I'm elfing out this month over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is Out On A Limb.  Jo wants to see things in trees, Christmas themed of course.  The thing doesn't necessarily have to be up a tree on your card, but if it is something that maybe doesn't usually lurk up a Christmas tree maybe best safest to include the tree.   I have used a Penny Black stamp called Greetings From The Wise and perched the owl on a branch within a candy cane heart.

I went pink and used Bazzill dots Pirouette for my panel.  I made a candy cane heart using dies from sizzix candycane fold-a-long.  I cut the heart out of the middle and backed with some swirly pierced cut white card.  I added the Penny Black owl, stamped, coloured and fussy cut and a little branch for him to sit on.  Then I went a bit OTT and added a die cut bow with a pink heart brad and stamped the sentiment with heart from Papirdesign Christmas Postal set twice.  Well, he was looking at something so I gave him something to look at LOL.  
 

 
I used glitter glue on his hat rim and bobble cos you need a little sparkle at Christmas.


I hope you get a chance to join the Out on A Limb fun.
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz





12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! What a fun idea to make a heart from candy canes. Thanks for being my elfin guest once again, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks like a vintage bauble, Gail - love your sweet owl on branch with the candy cane heart!! Congrats on being an Elf again :)

Chris said...

This is such a lovely Christmas card, the owl is very cute and I love how you framed him with the candy cane heart.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

brenda said...

Just adorable Gail, always love an Owl, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations (would fit in perfectly at our Romance theme at We Love Stamping).

B x

papierelle said...

A really brilliant idea to form a heart out of the candy canes and then place this cute owl inside.

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice card
Thank you for participating in our challenge
Greetings Jolanda Bongers
DT KIC

Nicolette said...

Nice card.
Thank you for sharing it at KIC.
Nicolette DT

Lia said...

Hi Gail, thank you for your comment on the camel on my blog. This is a die from Leane Creatief. I will send you an email with a photo!
Lia xx

Leanne said...

Great use of the candy canes and that bow, great way to use it, love the color as well. Thank you for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Have a great day.

Leanne DT Member/CCC

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is such a sweet and clever card! Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

Vicky Hayes said...

I always love a bright pink festive card Gail but especially when it features a cute owl peeking out of a heart made with joined up candy canes! Brilliant! Vicky x