Tuesday 4 July 2023

Happy 4th of July

Hello Nomad friends and a very happy 4th of July to all you US peeps.  Hope you are all having an awesome day.  Over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity we are all Red, White and Blue this fortnight, with real stamping as well of course.  I think the blog and linky are looking very pretty with this lovely colour combo.  I've used the lovely American Gothic Steampunk stamp from Lost Coast Designs for my card.

I stamped American Gothic Steampunk stamp on white card with blue ink and cut out the background behind behind the people.  Then I stamped the same stamp with red ink on white card and watercoloured the background behind the barn with scarlet brusho powder diluted in water. Put the barn behind the people, cut the panel out and edge with blue ink.  I mounted it on a fancy Daisy Mae Designs die cut panel and base card.  I stamped the first part of Carmen's Veranda It's Never Too Late sentiment with blue ink.

Inside I stamped the rest of the Carmen's Veranda It's Never Too Late sentiment and also a Happy Birthday from Lost Coast Designs Misc. Words set.  I thought it looked a bit plain so I stamped around the edge of the white panel using the edge of Carmen's Veranda Clock Face Square and blue ink.  I cut the bottom of the back piece straight so the card stands steady.

You have until 23.59 PST on the 14th and don't forget to follow us so you don't miss anything!  The team will be posting more inspiration throughout the month so hop over and join the Red, White and Blue fun.
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz
 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

LOL - just love your updated American Gothic couple in red/white/blue, Gail. Such an interesting label too with the notches!!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my! Love this, Jo x

Bobby said...

I love how you created the card in red, white and blue, Iona. I'm glad you showed the inside sentiment as it's really the humorous part. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out.

Nonni said...

A very unique and fun card. Love the image and the funny sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

foleysfriend said...

What a fabulous card! I love the "updated" American Gothic couple and the unique shape of your card. Of course, I really love the cheeky sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Arlene said...

Your card looks so serious on the front, but the zinger is inside - I guess I'm out of luck! LOL

So glad you joined us for our Birthday challenge at Die Cut Divas.