Wednesday 23 November 2022

Harts and Stars

 Hello Nomad friends.  I was over at the Crafty Individuals fb group this afternoon watching a lovely little live session by Jean and I decided to take a look through my CI stamps and see if I could actually make something.  Mr Mojo has been hibernating.......   Anyway, miracles happen and I made a card and a tag!!!

I started with the tag and I love the result.  I am doing quite a lot of 'inspired by things on my desk' crafting at the moment.  There are so many things on my desk, and the number just seems to grow and grow.  Now I added lots of CI stamps!!!  But at least I have a result or two LOL.  I bought these lovely Daisy Mae nested arches torn edge dies because of the largest sizes that would allow me to cut nice shaped cards and I love those torn edges!  I used one of the medium size dies to cut a navy tag.  Then I stamped a piece of grey card with Crafty Individuals Inky Script Background and cut with the torn edge die.  I stamped Crafty Individuals Highland Stag with brown archival, fussy cut and added him to the tag.  A metal heart charm and some wool to finish.

Then I switched to stars for my card, mostly cos stars offer easy fussy cutting opportunities.......   See, Mr Mojo is thinking about hibernating again!!!   I cut the navy card base with one of the bigger arch dies.  I stamped Crafty Individuals Seeing Stars Background on grey card and cut it with a large and a smaller torn edge arch dies to give me some faux layer effects.  Then I stamped Crafty Individuals Zentangle Star on yellow card with burgundy ink, fussy cut, layered on a navy mat and added it to the card.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Hart tag is joining the fun at
Crafty Individuals Make a Christmas Tag
Country View Challenge November 2022 - Tags
Scrappelyst Utfordring for November - Tags
Lek med Kreativ Utfordring 11 - Bruk Stempel

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Not a Card

Star Card is joining the fun at
Crafty Individuals Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Week 703 - AG opt Trees/Leaves
De Egel November Challenge 152 - Stars




10 comments:

Dena J said...

Love that star on the blue arch and stars behind. Very striking! Thank you so much for sharing your project at Allsorts/

brenda said...

Lovely use of colour Gail, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge again.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful tag! I love the brown and blues colour palette and the handsome stag, the way you created the background with the splatters is amazing 😊. Thanks so much for joining our Tags Only challenge over at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x

Hege said...

Flott tag!
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

DT Hege.

Arlene said...

Great tag there. I love the star you used - what a terrific design too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November “Anything Goes” challenge.

Michelle N. said...

Great tag! Love those arch dies for a different shaped tag-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Nelleke said...

Wow wat laat je mooie tags zien. Prachtig zijn ze! Dank je wel voor jouw bijdrage aan de Egel. groet, Nelleke

rachel said...

Beautiful tag. I love that stag and your embellishments look fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw x

Anonymous said...

Så kul tag! Tusen takk for bidrag til utfordringen hos Scrappelyst!