Thursday 7 May 2020

Let Talk About Christmas

Hello Nomad friends.  Starting off my May xmas makes with a little gingerbread.  I don't know about you but for me Christmas is all about the three F's; family, friends and food!!!  Nothing beats the smell of xmas dinner cooking or the pre-Christmas baking.  Oooh, the smell of hot gingerbread makes me go weak at the knees.  So I made this card for someone special because, quite honestly, I exceeded my usual limits of pfaffing with this one and it took slightly longer than anticipated!!!!!  But worth it.  My vision was achieved........



I started by making the wreath.  I used this Sizzix Deer die and cut it four times and snipped off the bits I wanted.  I cut the poinsettia flowers from scraps of red card and added them to the foliage bits.


I found a green circle already cut in the scraps pile and added the wreath to it.  The ginger is a Papirdesign die cut from brown and white scraps.  I added red rhinestones to the center of each of the red flowers.  Then I used two Stamplorations dies to cut the sentiment from bits left over from the wreath cutting.  



Gingerbread is definitely a joyful thing at christmas!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #31 - Wreathed in Xmas Smiles
Cards Und More Challenge 47 - Sketch 3/3
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge April - Koekjes en Gebak
Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge 377
ABC Christmas Challenge - J is for Joy
Crimbo Crackers Challenge 210 - Die Cuts  1/2



9 comments:

Jantine said...

Lovely card! The wreath is beautiful and the gingerbreandman is shining in the middle!
Thanks for joining the challenge at 52WTC!
Jantine DT 52WTC

!neke said...

Great card !
Love the bright red and green with the gingerbread man !
Groeten Ineke
DT 52WTC

Dotty Jo said...

I am also a big fan of gingerbread, although I'm not overly talented at making it! Love your card - the colour combo is so 'cosy'. Thanks for joining Robyn and little me at CKC again, Jo x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A lovely Christmascard with a yummie gingerbreadman on it as an eyecatcher.
Thank you for joining the challenge at 52 weeks to Christmas.
Greetings Miranda dt-52 WTC

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de Challenge!
Groetjes Suzan
DT 52 WTC

Enny said...

Wow, what a lovely card, your wreath is beautiful and such a cute gingerbread man ! Greetings, Enny

Fikreta said...

so very beautiful card!
thank you for entering our challnege over at Cards und More!
hope to see you again!
Good luck!

Robyn Oliver said...

Smelling the gingerbread here too..yum A wonderful card Gail - I love to use 'trimmed' die pieces too and you've done a great effort creating the wreath with the flowers and the fabulous gingerbread man to finish off - thanks for sharing with Christmas Kickstart, Robyn

Di said...

What a brilliant card Gail! I love how you used pieces of the stag's head die for the wreath - very clever. And, you used loads of snippets too. Lovely work!

Hugs

Di xx