Wednesday 26 March 2014

Easter Eggs

Hello.  Welcome.  Thanks for taking time to visit and for your kind comments.  I do appreciate your support of my little corner of blogland.  Tonight my thoughts turn to Easter.  Easter Chicks, Easter Eggs.  I miss the chocolate eggs of the UK.  Here in Scandinavia you buy a card egg covered with happy chickens in Easter bonnets and fill it with sweets.  It's just not the same.  That said, I don't miss walking into the supermarket the day after Christmas and there are the chocolate eggs!!  What's to do after Christmas but eat chocolate eggs till Easter......


Over at Art Impressions the challenge is Take a Peek.  I've used a trifold card and cut a window so you can see Birdie in her nest.  The card was green.  I sanded it and used a ball tool to emboss some lines.  Then I added some white ink to give the impression of old wood.  I used real chicken wire in the aperture.  The borders were cut using Memory Box Pepita die in two shades of green and a Wink of Stella clear.  The sentiment is hand written.  


I coloured Birdie with sharpies.  The background is DI Iced Spruce and I stamped using some dry wall tape.  Gotta love that Birdie


Here's the inside of the card with an Easter greeting and some eggs.  OK, so maybe we do blue as well.......

Joining the fun at
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge 131 - Take a Peek
Country View Challenges - Paper Chase
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Transparent hope my window counts
Die Cut Divas - Let's Emboss It

Thanks for your visit.  Back soon.  Hugs

3 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

OMGosh! This is so damn funny, Gail! Love not only the humor, but that chicken wire couldn't be more perfect! Totally awesome--not to mention timely! ;-)

Arlene said...

How cute and funny, really just awesome!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Inkypinkycraft said...

thanks for joining us at CountryViewCrafts Challenge x trace x