Saturday 15 March 2014

Just Around The Corner

Hello.  Welcome.  The weather is rubbish but I am still feeling springy.  It's Saturday so I've been working on my entry for the Cheery Lynn Challenge which this week is Easter.  Also over at Joan's Touch the recipe this week is a circle, peach, teal and layer your butterfly.  I had to check teal.  Then realised this was a friends wedding colours a few years ago.  Oh, that's what you call that colour.  So a search through the stash and I found Bazzill dots in peach and a few different papers from MME Collectable and a piece from Cratepaper that looked teal to me.   My pictures look a bit blue but these papers look blue green in the real. 


I used this sheet of MME which looked like basket weave.  That started me on Easter Baskets and I decided on a rocker card.  I cut a 15cm circle and then Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily from the Cratepaper and the angel wing from the Bazzill.

  
I've used Cheery Lynn Designs BAF #1, BAF#3 embellishments, Wheat Heads, Cutie 2, Mini Dimensional Butterflies.  The big butterfly is Crafty Individuals Lacewing Butterfly and the frame for the sentiment was cut using Sizzix Scallop Rectangle die.  The sentiment is an Anita stamp.  I used Wink of Stella clear on the butterfly and the little flower centers are Glitz It Pearlescent glue.  I've also used VersaMagic Ocean Depth ink here and there

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 123 - Easter
Joan's Touch - Challenge 4

Thanks for your visit.  Have a great weekend.  Hugs

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card, live the colour and all the fabulous die cuts.

Sylv xx

shulsart said...

Goodness, this is just stunning, Iona. What a wonderful mix of colors and dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, beautiful card. I have not seen a rocker card, so this is a nice bonus. The colors and flowers are great too .Great job!!!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this week's challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com]

Irina Gerschuk said...

Wow!!! It's fabulous!!!! All this layering and details!!! I just love it!!!
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Kay Wallace said...

Totally brilliant, Gail! I love the design, but the detail just blows me away. Obviously, this could be done in any color. Keeping it in mind for upcoming weddings. It's a one-of-a-kind card, for sure!