The main GDT over at PaperArtsy this week was Pam Thorburn. Now Pam is a scrapper and despite my best intentions I often feel inadequate in the face of a layout. Pam is trying to help us out by sharing lovely tips and her third project really lit a flame. Check it out. It's gorgeous. This is actually a work of parts so I shall deal with things separately and then pull it all together, we hope!!
It's been a while since I made my own tape. It was still fun. Here's a section of my altered masking tape still stuck to the back of my cutting mat.
Fresco Finish Inky Pool with PaperArtsy stamps top and Crafty Individuals stamps bottom. I remembered from my last washi make that tonal stamping an under-layer makes for more interesting tape.
Adirondack Butterscotch acrylic with PaperArtsy and Prima stamps. This was my first attempt with the flower stamp, JM34. Wow! I did think I should have ordered a different stamp, I mean how many flowers do you need?? This one definitely!! Hey JOFY, it's gorgeous. I love how it fits perfectly if you rotate it to give almost seamless stamping. Even for me.
Orange acrylic with Prima Lyric stamps and more JM34. That Prima bird is so sweet. Brain was firing on all cylinders today and I made a good batch of tape to give me plenty alternatives. On to the background....
Please to excuse the unusual shape of my paper. I was looking for some watercolour paper and then remembered seeing these during the re-organisation of the crafty space. I'd forgotten I had these!! For the scientists amongst you this is a 32cm Whatman 3 filter paper. Cool eh?? If you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry. If you do, I apologise cos that means next time you use these at work you are going to be distracted by the crafty opportunities missed. Unless of course you are a chromatographer and then possibly your scientific experiments may have the chance to become ART...... I rescued these from the skip saying I'll use those one day. Today is that day. I used the same three colours, Inky Pool, Butterscotch and orange, diluted. I splatted, rather than spritz and run. Actually very pleased with my splats. And the craft room has remained relatively splat free. Result.
I stamped a Prima Doll onto black card, embossed with white embossing powder and paper pieced her. The skirt is many layers and I added lace trim on each layer for a nice frilly effect.
I added some stamping. The center image was Hero Arts Dandelion Frame with Bundled Sage DI but it was too detailed for my absorbant filter paper. Never mind, Pam said something about not having exact stamping to give a grunge look..... Good show. JOFY JM34 there again and I also pulled out the seldom used Clearstamp Rollergraph set. Love that these wheels self ink.
The whole thing. Have though about cutting this down to card size but she actually is growing on me. Just need to find a big round frame
Joining the fun at
Thanks for your visit. Hope you have had a lovely weekend. Back soon. Hugs