Wednesday 4 September 2024

Desk Diving

Hello Nomad friends.  I have so much stuff on my desk.   For instance an empty ice cream lolly box, because after good ice cream there remains good cardboard LOL.  I decided to cut a panel with a deckle edge die and emboss with Simon Says Stamp firework embossing folder.  Then I grabbed some embossing powder and went a bit crazy.  I inked my panel and added quite a lot of Pearl Gold Sparkle, decided that would be a bit of a challenge for the camera so reinked parts of the panel and used WOW metallic copper sparkle.  Then I filled in the gaps with Topaz Twinkle to give the blue and white/sparkly bits.

 
Bling!!!!!  I inked the edges of the panel and also the raised firework pattern with potting soil archival ink and offset the panel on a navy card base.  Then I grabbed this MDF dragon, which has also been lurking on my desk for ages, that seemed to fit perfectly with this firey explosion of a background.  I stamped the happy birthday on a scrap of gold card and added it to the card.  Good glue is required to stick paper on all that sparkly embossed texture.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to find some more desk treasures....  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Recycle It
Lunar New Year September Challenge 2024
Allsorts Challenge Week 796 - Getting Sentimental
The Outlawz Challenge - Monday Greeting Happy Birthday
The Outlawz Challenge September Linky

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool dragon & I love the background you gave him, Gail!!

brenda said...

A fabulous background Gail as is the Dragon, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

So sparkly! I bet it is even more fabulous in real life. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Ellibelle said...

That's a great use of the icecream box, Gail. Love how this turned out, so fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Gail! Thanks so much for playing along with the Lunar New Year Challenge!