Saturday 22 June 2024

Birds in the Desert

Hello Nomad friends.  Happy Midsummer.  It's warming up a bit here this week, and not just because of all the bonfires burning tonight!!  Soon there will be hotdogs and burgers, but first a little trip to the desert.

I find myself being inspired by my family and friends preferences when buying crafty stash.  Who knew so many people liked cacti??!!   I've always been a desert fan so had no problem adding this lovely Hero Arts Cactus Bold Prints stamp to my stash recently.  I did some yellow, orange, pink distress ink blending and then stamped the Cactus with Cactus Flower hot pink ink.  I decided to go hexagonal, offsetting the card front one half turn from the card base.  Quite like that idea.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the little desert scene from Hero Arts Where To Next stamp set.  The happy birthday, from Hero Arts Jawsome Sharks set was stamped on a scrap of the ink blended panel and I added a couple of birds cut using Hero Arts Bird Word Dies.

This makes me feel all warm and summery.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero June 2024 Challenge - Smooth
Die-cut Divas May Challenge - Favourite Die Cut Shape love hexagons....
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Juni - Sommerlig





 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Never would've figured you for a desert lover, Gail - love your fun cacti on the hexagon!! Oh, and thanks for linking up to the Divas too!!

Riet Harikini said...

Lovely card. And the shape of the card to.

wienerhoneymooners said...

FNTASTIC shaped card !!! Cactus are super cool and such a fabulous stamp you chose! Lovely colors! Thanks so much for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge at a Blog Named Hero!!!!
-Kimberly

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

Fun shape and great ink blending.
Thanks for joining us at the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Arlene said...

You surprised me as well - Great take on the desert. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.