Thursday 6 April 2023

Thrinchie Spring and Fancy Fold Christmas

Hello Nomad friends.  Yesterday was lovely.  Sunny, fairly warm, not too much of a cold breeze.  I had hopes!!   Today it was howling, lost my hat twice!!, freezing cold, 5°C (feels like 0!), and we even had a tiny flurry of snow in the PM.  I suppose I shall continue to hope.  But in line with the confused weather I would like to share a little spring and a little Christmas.  

This is a thrinchie!!  My first!!  3 inches x 3 inches, cut from yellow card, stamped with Lost Coast Designs Concentric Circles stamp and Dandelion ink.  I cut some grass from another yellow scrap and blended ink on the edge.  The washing line is a Moonstone die cut coloured with markers and the gold bunnies are from Gummiapan.  I thought the brim of the top hat made a good bunny hole........

Joining the fun at
Allsorts Challenge Weeks 722/723 - AG opt In the Spring Garden
Scrappelyst Utfordring for April - Gul
Creative Crafting Uncles Challenge 39 - Spring/Easter

Then I made a Christmas card using Studio Light Tree Pop Out Card.  I spent a while trying to work out how it was going to fit inside a card before I realised it is the card!!!!   Some days.......

Here it is kinda flat ready to go in an envelope.   I cut the card base from dark green card and then the mats from lighter green card.  I stamped Ho Ho Ho on the two side panels and added CC Designs Santa, colouring with markers, fussy cutting and attaching him to the side of the pop out tree.

Here is santa and the tree 'popped out'

And a top angle shot so you can see how it works.  I backed the bit behind the tree with green holographic card to give some shimmer and added a yellow star to the top of the tree.

Joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge Maart - Ho Ho Ho





Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz



13 comments:

Gail said...

Really like your thrinchie!
Love that you think outside the box! Using the brim of a hat for rabbit holes!
Good job.
I like the Christmas card too!
Glad you got the pop out part figured out!

Jantine said...

Lovely cards! The thrinchie is a fun small one and the one with the tree is a great model. I've doubted to get the die myself (and didn't, but now I see your card and back to thinking "should I..")
Thanks for joining us at 52WTC and keep your hopes up for spring to finally arrive!
Jantine DT 52WTC

brenda said...

Your trinchie for Allsorts is fun with the sunny colours Gail, many thanks for sharing.

Weather much the same here, this morning hard frost again but that should produce some sunshine.

B x

Dena J said...

Great fun as those bunnies pop up in the garden! Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little bunny trio on your thrinchie, Gail & I love the Santa pop-out on card two - cool design! We used to make a lot of those thrinchies when Archivers (a MN craft store) still existed. They even sold packs of the card bases, some of which had fun edges. You've inspired me to go digging for those card bases & give them another go!!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant thrinchie love the little washing line and rabbit holes-very clever,got loads of offcuts but never made a thrinchie before-have made fat pages which are 4" square might just have to have a go.Love the pop-out Santa card too
Carol x

Colien said...

HO HO HO, that's a wonderful Christmascard!
grtz Colien [52WTC]

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
groeten Ineke
DT52WTC

Linby said...

So much detail on a trinchie, I thought it was so much bigger! It looks such fun too. Love the Christmas card also.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Wenche said...

Stilig kort :-) Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst

Dotty Jo said...

Too cute! Jo x

Sarah said...

What a fun card...bunnies and their laundry, so cute! Thank you for sharing at allsorts. Sarah DT

Hege said...

Så flotte kort!
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.