Saturday 22 April 2023

Happy Birthday To Me

Hello Nomad friends.  Gosh, I  haven't blogged in ages.  Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself!!   Today I have some inspiration for the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Celebrate It Challenge, and since today is my birthday I made myself a birthday card using my favourite Lost Coast Designs stamps and blue, because I like blue.

I used one of my favorite backgrounds, Lost Coast Designs Fruitpod Background, and the lovely cat from Up Close and Personal. I stamped the Fruitpod Background using Salty Ocean distress ink which I spritzed with a fine mist of water before I stamped it.  It gives a slightly fuzzy batikk style look. 
I stamped the cat and Happy Birthday sentiment on separate pieces of card and edged with blue ink.  I used blue ink to stamped the cat and gave her some gel pen green eyes.  
 
 
I hope you find some time to join the Celebrate It Challenge with your stamped projects for any celebration.  Thanks for dropping by.  I am off to parteeee!!!!!!  Hugz

7 comments:

Gail said...

Happy Birthday!
Great card!
Have a wonderful day!

Marianne said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you!
May the upcoming year turn out as beautiful as you are!
Love the batik look of the background.
Marianne x

brenda said...

First of all and most important Happy Birthday for yesterday Gail.

Now onto your card and those eyes are definitely looking at me, coloured perfectly to bring the Kitty to life, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts (perfect for the theme) and We Love Stamping (again, perfect for the theme).

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Happy Birthday Gail - and you have made a wonderful card to celebrate yourself.
Love your background, and your cat stamp is stunning
Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping this month, and also using the optional theme.
Blessings
Maxine

Mervi said...

Happy belated birthday!
Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
Dt Mervi

Sarah said...

what a wonderful card, that cat is really striking. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sorry I missed your bday, Gail - hope it was happy!! Love your kitty card!!