Saturday 2 July 2022

Garden Cat

Hello Nomad friends.   It's the second of the month so time for another awesome and amazing Card Chain Challenge reveal.  The Card Chain Challenge is an international card exchange.  Every month an ever changing group of very talented ladies, and the occasional bloke, make a card, send a card and receive a card.  Everyone gets a card, everyone wins.

This is the card I sent to Hilary in the UK.
This month I sort of went with the colours and used the themes of fluffy, funny and friendship.

All stamps are by Rubber Dance.  I started by stamping the cat on some white card and masking.  Then I stamped the pebble stamp from Mixed Media Marks #3 with Bluebird archival ink.  I stamped the curved ladder stamp from Pencil Marks #5 with Dandelion archival above the pebbles.  I actually stamped it three times, but didn't like that I didn't line it up so there were no gaps, so I decided to fussy cut the top of the first ladder and round the cat's head.  The cut offs didn't go to waste cos I used them for my sentiment panel, stamping the perfect friend sentiment from the Adore Me sentiment set.  Then I put it all together on a slimline base with a bit of pretty designer paper behind the cat.  A bit on neon orange gel pen for the eyes and done!

If you are interested in sending and receiving happy mail do check out the Card Chain Challenge

You still have time to SIGN UP for July

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you have a wonderful crafty day.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge 79
Allsorts Challenge Week 683 - Flora and Fauna
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 171 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Weeks 549/550 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love that sentiment with the gorgeous cat! Great card, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

I’m feeding a neighbour’s cat at the moment while they away for a few days — she has exactly that attitude! Great card Gail, love the combination of background patterns and colours.

Sarn said...

Fabulous feline card.
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week. X

Julia Aston said...

Love the ladder and bubble stamps you used here Gail - what a sweet cat with her orange eyes - so pretty with the floral paper above! xx

Ellibelle said...

Beautifully done, Gail! Love the beautiful background you created for this gorgeous cat. Hilary is so lucky to have received this gorgeous card! Hope to join in CCC again in the fall (Summers always seem so busy with all the extra work needed done in the garden!)

Thank you so much for joining my Flora and/or Fauna theme with AG option at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

HilaryJane said...

This card is great and so much better in real life. Thank you for sharing how you made it. I love the cat’s fluorescent eyes xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful card - I am sure Hilary enjoyed it!

Dena J said...

Great masking and clever use of those stamps to create a colorful and unique background. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge.

papierelle said...

Your card is so adorable. As a cat lover and cat owner, I am of course particularly delighted with your card.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous eyes!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pauline C said...

Great concept and beautifully executed. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week
Pauline xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beautiful kitty, Gail, and I love the different patterns behind her!!

Fikreta said...

great card!
Thanks for joining us at theSUYP-cats only challenge,
good luck in the draw and I hope to see you soon.