Thursday 10 March 2022

Both Sides Together

Hello Nomad friends.  I hope you are having a lovely sunny day.  It's time for the new challenge at Let's Squash It! and this month we want you to use the emboss and deboss of the same folder on the same card.  Jo has done an awesome Technique Time with explanations, tips and fab ideas, so be sure to check that out.  This was a really fun idea to play with and it gives some lovely results.  Sometimes it's surprizing how different the same emboss and deboss look!!   And my favourite technique of smearing with distress inks makes this technique a really stand out.  Here's my card....

I used one of my favourite flower folders by DoCraft called Cherry Blossom Stripe.

I started by embossing two pieces of card and flipping one over, but I wasn't totally happy with this so I decided to try folding a piece of card and running that through the folder.  Wonderful!  Obviously you need to use a thinnish card, I have 180gms here, otherwise the two layers will be very stressed.  But when you open it up you have the emboss and deboss on the same side of the card, front and back, so double the chance to play!!!  I used Picked Raspberry distress oxide ink to smear my textures.The lines on this folder disguise the center fold a bit and I like the mirror image I got.

I cut the panel to size and added a stamped, fussy cut Unity butterfly and a pre-printed happy birthday sentiment. 

Hop over and check out Jo's beautiful card and
join the Let's Squash It! fun.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Allsorts Challenge Week 666 - AG opt distress
We Love Stamping March Challenge - Spring
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 162 - AG




6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Gail! What a fab technique and a lovely card, Jo x

Linby said...

This looks so pretty and the EF is gorgeous, love how you used it. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

HilaryJane said...

How clever, thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. Your stamped butterfly is just fabulous, thank you for sharing it with us at we love stamping this month. It is always lovely to see you in the gallery xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a fabulous card, Gail! Love so much the embossed/debossed background and thanks for sharing how you made it! I have a folder with vertical branches and berries, I will try your technique. The vibrant pink you choose looks amazing and makes the beautiful blue butterfly pop out so well!
Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping March challenge!

Pauline C said...

Beautiful embossing folder and fab technique that you ahve used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week, and for joining in with my distress option.
Pauline xx

brenda said...

That's a genius idea to get the emboss and de-boss Gail, great tip and a pretty card at that. Many thanks for joining in with our Spring theme at We Love Stamping challenge and also this week at Allsorts.

B x